Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 PM

317 posts, read 747,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Another note/personal observation (excuse): I use to keep my new cars for 7 to 10 years. That was when the only difference between an older car and a new one was styling and the new car smell. However new technology offerings, safety options and gas mileage improvements make it expeditious to consider a new purchase every three years or so. Or maybe I am a just sucker for how the car companies are marketing and they have hooked me.......
You've got money to burn and yes I think the car company's have hooked you and your wife, you both justify each others purchases. Me thinks you inherited some money recently...be careful and save for the revolution. bullets are going up in price but they now incorporate some really neat features.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 PM

317 posts, read 747,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
If somebody is in the financial situation of being able to afford it, then...why not do it?

Speaking for myself, I economized for 60+ years, and now find myself to be...let's just say...comfortable.
So...why shouldn't I buy whatever I want at this point in my life?

Even if you think that I am being a profligate spender, over and above my own personal wants & desires I am helping to boost the US economy every time that I splurge on something for myself or my friends. How can there be anything negative about doing what I am doing, and what the OP is thinking of doing?

Nothing wrong with that at all until the nut is gone and your taking the bus that we all subsidize and your in public housing..etc, etc.

Can't happen? Look at all the power-ball winners they thought the same thing.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,873,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I am on this forum: TerrainForum.net: GMC Terrain Forum - Index

Is your wife's Equinox LTZ a 2014?
That's the same forum, just a different "front door" for the Equinox and Terrain owners. I'm on there as trbstang also. My wife's Equinox is a 2013. I think the colors are just slight variations of existing colors, the blue and green ones I believe, so nothing really new.

From the 2015 fleet ordering guide:

Deletions

(GLJ) Ashen Gray Metallic
(GWY) Atlantis Blue Metallic
Spotter mirrors
(SED) LPO, 4 - 19" (48.3 cm) Chrome wheels and tires

New Features

(G1M) Blue Velvet Metallic
(G22) Sea Grass Metallic
(VQK) LPO, Front and rear splash guards,
(R9Y) Fleet Free Maintenance Credit

More info and pics: http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NAS...page=9&butID=3

Old 06-11-2014, 06:34 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmioquartiere View Post
Nothing wrong with that at all until the nut is gone and your taking the bus that we all subsidize and your in public housing..etc, etc.

Can't happen? Look at all the power-ball winners they thought the same thing.

Your assumptions are so incorrect that I hardly know where to begin.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive