Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 03:56 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times

Advertisements

OP, the answer your question, the possible consequences are that you lose everything you have, will have and ever hope to have because of negligence on the part of your "friend".

People who ask what can happen "if" usually already know, they are seeking a way out so that they can argue with their own conscience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 06:47 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The fact that we have to explain to a born and raised American citizen the consequences of driving without a license is troubling.

Except of course, that there has been Federal precedence set that requiring a driver to be licensed unless during the course of work is Un-Constitutional, lol.

But, that's a long drawn out fight for another day!

As for the OP, it's a cake-walk to get a permit/license; I would NOT let her drive my lawn mower with the attitude she has, lol! But then again, I would almost threaten her with divorce if she broached the driving w/o a license again. Drag her butt out to the sticks on an old dirt road, or if that isn't possible, then the airport and make her practice until she won't kill someone. Either way, good luck!

Old 06-16-2014, 08:21 PM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The fact that we have to explain to a born and raised American citizen the consequences of driving without alicense is troubling.
You obviously don't understand the point of my posts/question. I am trying to find information to back up what I have said. Perhaps reading from others and seeing it on official web pages will make her think.

And no, I'm not a troll.

And no, she hasn't driven on the road in my car. Only an empty community collage parking lot and on the beach!

Old 06-16-2014, 10:16 PM

58 posts, read 99,126 times
I drove with a suspended license for 6 months after a DUI and had no problems whatsoever. As long as you're prudent you have nothing to worry about. I even sped on occasion. If you're trying to get a job it is kind of sketchy, I just gave them my passport as my ID and they were ok with it though.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:23 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by das8929 View Post
I drove with a suspended license for 6 months after a DUI and had no problems whatsoever. As long as you're prudent you have nothing to worry about. I even sped on occasion. If you're trying to get a job it is kind of sketchy, I just gave them my passport as my ID and they were ok with it though.

And what happens when you get in an accident and hurt/kill someone? Nevermind the OP already also said the little bit she drove she did not do very well.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:38 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,175,995 times
The biggest stick here is deportation. If she kills or hurts someone, she will be on the first flight back to Colombia as soon as she gets out of jail. Probably, most of her friends that drive without a license are illegal and don't give a rat's a$$ if they get caught. Her case is different since they went through all the trouble to get a green card, only to lose it over something so silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive