Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:56 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
They also never pull through to an adjacent parking spot. They just pull into a spot and park, even when the spot directly in front of them is open
I don't pull through because I need to be able to access the back doors of my Suburban to load lumber, or groceries or.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 07:58 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I mostly see women (not all) shift from reverse to drive while the car is still in motion. Why do they do this? Wouldn't this, over time, damage the transmission?
for some automatic transmissions, this is a leading cause of mechanical failure.

Dodge/Chrysler, in particular, have a problem with this. Have seen a lot of failures on their 4-speed OD transmission in pick-up trucks and vans in the shops I've called on through the years.

PS: the trans doesn't care who is driving the vehicle at the time ... the mechanical failure is the same and the guy repairing the transmission of the bench has no ability to see what gender driver caused the failure.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:54 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Females and machines should not be allowed to mix with each other..
Thanks for most likely proving my post earlier ... NO girlfriend or wife I take it?
I have known many females that are as good as or BETTER than most males in regards to anything mechanical.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:58 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I mostly see women (not all) shift from reverse to drive while the car is still in motion. Why do they do this? Wouldn't this, over time, damage the transmission?
My guess is the gals who do this don't know any better. Depending on the car and how fast it's moving when they do this, it may or may not cause damage, but it's not a good idea.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:43 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
The ONLY persons I have EVER seen do this are MALES 16-24 >>>> They back up fast then shift to drive and do a Burn out ...

Old 06-30-2014, 07:08 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
I have answer to ALL of your questions on "why do women".

A fella walked down the beach and stumbled upon an old bottle. He uncorked it and genie came out.
Master, I spent 30 000 years imprisoned in this vessel. Ask 3 wishes and they will be granted.
Ok, says the guy, who happens to be from Seattle. First, build me a mention that will put to shame any mansion belonging to Bill Gates and Paul Allen right here on Mercer Island.
Done, Master, says Genie.
Next, build me another mansion on Sandal islands, that will put to shame any other tropical abode in the world.
Done, says Genie.
Ok, now see, I hate flying, but enjoy driving, says Seattelite. Build me a personal freeway from my mension on Mercer Island to my my mansion on islands.
Master, cries Genies, it's depression, times are tough, even I, the Great Genie, can not do this. Ask something else!
OK, says guy. I'm easy. See, I am a womanizer, but never really had success with women. explain to me woman's nature, so that I can be more successful.
Master, cries genie, you want two, or four lanes on that freeway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive