Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 01:24 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
The only thing worse than neighbors who have more cars than parking spots on their property are neighbors who turn their front yard into a parking lot, thus, creating an eyesore and bringing down the surrounding property values.
A lot of houses in Miami are like that, but that is what you get when you build 3-4 bedroom houses, but have a tiny ass driveway. The county is full of houses like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 01:50 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,126,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
The only thing worse than neighbors who have more cars than parking spots on their property are neighbors who turn their front yard into a parking lot, thus, creating an eyesore and bringing down the surrounding property values.
It's not really a garage issue....but this got me thinking....and don't get me started on people who park on OTHER PEOPLE's street! It's not at the boiling point of an issue, but we have people who live on neighboring streets or in nearby apartments, who park on our block. I know because I've taken down license plate numbers after seeing them park and walk around the corner.

So yeah, I know I don't own the street, but, come on, don't park on someone else's street. (We're row houses on a cul de sac with courtyard parking in the circle area. So they're not parking in front of someone's house, but still people with multiple cars own OUR street need that space.....)

Old 12-31-2018, 06:06 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,670,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
A lot of houses in Miami are like that, but that is what you get when you build 3-4 bedroom houses, but have a tiny ass driveway. The county is full of houses like that.
That is the issue with many newer neighborhoods here as well.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:58 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
Just look at the number of Condos being built and what they have for parking.
Every uñit is bound to have a TWO car space needs.
At one time decades ago rented an APT which slowly was going Condo.
We had our assigned carport space numbered different then our unit number.
Being a small business owner worked many late nights and one night found a car in my assigned carport. I had to drive all around the large complex looking for a open community space....found at farend of course.
Four days car is still in my carport.
I was a mechanic (engine builder) and will not disclose what small item I removed so car would not run...but very easy to replace off the nearby floor.
They tried pushing it based upon the rear body damage and eventually it was gone...a lesson they would never forget or repeat.
Some here are probably cursing at me but I sleep very well.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:15 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,417,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
It's not really a garage issue....but this got me thinking....and don't get me started on people who park on OTHER PEOPLE's street! It's not at the boiling point of an issue, but we have people who live on neighboring streets or in nearby apartments, who park on our block. I know because I've taken down license plate numbers after seeing them park and walk around the corner.

So yeah, I know I don't own the street, but, come on, don't park on someone else's street. (We're row houses on a cul de sac with courtyard parking in the circle area. So they're not parking in front of someone's house, but still people with multiple cars own OUR street need that space.....)
The street police lol lol, you can’t do anything why waste ink. Like you said you or no one own the street . So what if someone parks there how does it effect you personally. Some people have to much time on their hands.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:34 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,126,824 times
^^Don't be thick. You know that can be an annoying situation.

Residents of a given street need to park on that street.
Residents of other streets and complexes need to park there first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive