Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 01:13 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,121,934 times

Advertisements

I have been driving a 2007 GMC Yukon XL 4WD SUV for the last 8 years...got it new on 6/22/2006 ....has 79566 miles as we speak..............
No longer need this large a vehicle, and instead of the 10000 miles per year average.....i'll probably drop down to about 7000.

Am seriously thinking of replaceing it with a 2013 used Toyota 4 Runner AWD that has about 21222 miles on it.

I've got two vehicles to get rid of to generate the funds to buy the Toyota....................#!; the
2007 GMC YUkon with 'all the bells & whistles on it" including a $600 H. D/., Chrome, 2 1/4 inch dia very substantial Brush/Deer & Elk Guard on the front end......and a "TRUCK VAULT" ($2400 value) that is bolted to the frame; has 2 drawers w/ combination lock and key over-ride; carpeted to match carpeting in Suv; Holds 8 Rifles and shot guns in one drawer and all my hunting gear and ammo in the other............Also a 1996 Jaguar XJS 2+2 Convertible ABSOLUTE MINT CONDITION w/ 48,000 actualmiles; 6 cyl, double overhead cam 4 Liter engine......and has 25 Factory Options.....

Any comments and or opinions related to the best way to sell these two vehicles would be appreciated.

Thanks for your thoughts................

lock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 04:24 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,970,949 times
First of all, accessories usually add little to no value to a vehicle and can sometimes make it a harder sell. I'd sell the truck vault seperately if possible as it's appeal would be limited. Craigslist or trade in the big SUV.
The Jag is more an enthusiast car, so my suggestion would be to put an ad in Hemmings motor news as well as craigslist. Friends who are into those type of cars cruise both those sites on a regular basis.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:02 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
What is the demand in your area for a Jag? If you sell locally are you gonna have to drop the price to the affordability level of your area? You may want to try a few Jag forums if luxury car forums. But the price may have to be dropped to make it " worth" the hassle of driving or flying out to get it.

The a Yukon should sell because everyone wants SUVs and trucks. I would agree with harpoonalt that usually accessories don't add any value but if you are selling it to another hunter he may see it as added value. You can always offer it as a additional option but most won't take it at a additional cost so you will have to sell it separately.
When I sell my trucks it's all there as is what you see is what you get here is the price.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:34 AM

3,278 posts, read 5,389,117 times
Run FAR away from the Jag. I gurantee you 100% it is a money pit.

I wouldn't trade a car you bought new for a used one. You know the maintenance and how well taken care of your Yukon is. Can't say the same for used cars.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:54 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Run FAR away from the Jag. I gurantee you 100% it is a money pit.

I wouldn't trade a car you bought new for a used one. You know the maintenance and how well taken care of your Yukon is. Can't say the same for used cars.

He's not buying the Jag. He's selling it.

A used car that has a written record of maintenance backed with receipts is a perfectly fine vehicle. When I sell a car I have the receipt for EVERYTHING I ever put in the truck. From a screw or lightbulb to a engine replacement. Keeping records isn't that hard to do.
I have never had to sit on a car for long. People like the cars I sell because they look great and are not abused. As soon as I show the record of maintenance I can visibly see people relax and and doubts evaporate. On one of the trucks I sold I replaced the steering rack because it was worn. I told the guy I just replaced it. He saw the receipt and said you're not kidding.
You can tell if someone is blowing smoke or is on the up and up.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:35 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,972,956 times
What's your reasoning for the 13 4runner? You re tired of the Yukon and got money to upgrade for the hell of it?

But me personally. I rather keep the Yukon. With 76k. It shouldn't give u any problems.
There's no point in wasting money.

As for the jag, it sounds nice but I don't have anything positive to say.
You might as well sell it, cause its gonna cost you money if you keep it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive