Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would You?
Yes 43 42.57%
No 58 57.43%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 12:01 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,197,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Been there, done that. My BMW 528e that I had in highschool was black, with limo tint windows all around, and stock chrome wheels. In other words, it looked like a drug dealers car.

Went to a concert in downtown Dallas one night, took a wrong turn trying to get back on the highway, and ended up in a really bad neighborhood. Another car saw us and proceeded to follow us, as we slowed down at a stop sign, the doors flew open in the car behind us and they ran towards our car and tried to open the doors, which were thankfully locked. I floored it and took off, we heard gunfire, and luckily we were able to get back on the highway within about 60 seconds of that happening. Ran a red light, didn't care, to get on.

Thought we got away unscathed, but no. In the light of day the next morning, found two bullet holes in my rear quarter panel. Still amazed to this day that they didn't shoot a window out or something, or that none of us got killed.

That is lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 03:17 AM

70 posts, read 95,520 times
Default Could not think of Caption for this # Speechless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computergeek View Post
Say you are driving. You can either drive through a city wih one of the worst crime rates in the US at night. An alt route is an extra 60 minutes. Would you drive through the ghetto?
Clearly you never been to any impoverished area. There is no such place as "Ghetto' ; as Ghetto is a mentality. Moving along; Poor people are poor because they are taught to survive and not live. They know they are poor ;so they try to appear wealthy. Thus, they buy the newest car they can and the most expensive. Poor people are not zombies out for blood at night. (Which is exactly how you are making them sound) The only way they will try to steal from you is if you go through flashing your $$$. Their wardrobe is probably more lavish than yours. An expensive car is not gone ruffle any feathers. Sorry to burst your bubble. Understand I know what I am talking about. The movie "Snow on The Bluff" was made in a neighborhood here in Atlanta,GA. In 2011 not in the 80"s very real, very recent. Atlanta also has areas like Buckhead, Duluth, Jonesboro where wealthy people and celebrities live. (Like a Manhattan so to speak) They drive all through the city cause the traffic is awful and many times you have 2 take an alternate route. I know poor people who drive Maseratis, Panoramas dude are you kidding? The fact that I know you are serious makes this post comical. laughing at your ignorance to society. You can't be "wealthy" 'cause if you were you would a Driver chauffeur you. #Ican't with this guy! LMBO!
**Well see you next time and thanks for watching our pilot episode of "Things Middle Class People Say"

Old 07-03-2014, 05:21 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,521,434 times
I try to avoid dangerous places because I prefer, as do all the folks around me, to keep that part of my personality asleep.

Inspeak makes a lot of sense. McKinneyOwner was very, very lucky and fortunately had the sense to run away. Always run from a fight unless you simply cannot. If you cannot escape fight like hell.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:27 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,688,144 times
After that post ^^^^^ you need to change your user name to "I don't speak fact." Evidently, you have never lived among the "Impoverished " people of whom you speak. I did, and if you did it would open your eyes that there is a whole society out there who do not think like we regular folks do.

During the 4 years or so we lived in a rent controlled community (low income housing) we saw it all. People shot on a regular basis, little kids wandering around naked and unattended by any adult, break ins, police who would not enter the community without backup, and a lot more. The residents had no regard for others and only think about what they can do to get something you have for their own.

Yes, there were some good people there too, but they were far outnumbered by low class hood rats who would as soon murder you as look at you. IMO there IS a Ghetto and a Ghetto mentality, and the people who live there like it that way with no desire to better themselves whatsoever. Don't even get me started on "Baby Daddies and the women who accept that situation as being ok.

The only factual thing you said in that entire post was that they like to drive flashy cars, mine was the worst car in the community. Most of them were driving Escalades and other high end cars while the Government was paying the majority or all of their monthly rent.

Don

Old 07-03-2014, 05:57 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,571,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IspeakFact View Post
Clearly you never been to any impoverished area. There is no such place as "Ghetto' ; as Ghetto is a mentality. Moving along; Poor people are poor because they are taught to survive and not live. They know they are poor ;so they try to appear wealthy. Thus, they buy the newest car they can and the most expensive. Poor people are not zombies out for blood at night. (Which is exactly how you are making them sound) The only way they will try to steal from you is if you go through flashing your $$$. Their wardrobe is probably more lavish than yours. An expensive car is not gone ruffle any feathers. Sorry to burst your bubble. Understand I know what I am talking about. The movie "Snow on The Bluff" was made in a neighborhood here in Atlanta,GA. In 2011 not in the 80"s very real, very recent. Atlanta also has areas like Buckhead, Duluth, Jonesboro where wealthy people and celebrities live. (Like a Manhattan so to speak) They drive all through the city cause the traffic is awful and many times you have 2 take an alternate route. I know poor people who drive Maseratis, Panoramas dude are you kidding? The fact that I know you are serious makes this post comical. laughing at your ignorance to society. You can't be "wealthy" 'cause if you were you would a Driver chauffeur you. #Ican't with this guy! LMBO!
**Well see you next time and thanks for watching our pilot episode of "Things Middle Class People Say"
I was in law enforcement in one of the highest crime rate cities in New Jersey for 33 years. You either A: don't know what your talking about, B: have never really been to a real ghetto or C: "DONOTSPEAKFACT" and that "IS A FACT"

Old 07-03-2014, 07:39 AM

210 posts, read 244,567 times
I just want to know why you asked this question in the first place OP.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:27 AM

6,255 posts, read 16,972,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IspeakFact View Post
Clearly you never been to any impoverished area. There is no such place as "Ghetto'
You are delusional. Yes there are indeed ghettos. Do some research on Cabrini Green since you seem to have no clue about what a ghetto is.

That was a place that even my Green Beret 6' 4" uncle wouldn't dare go at night.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:10 AM

23,262 posts, read 23,621,950 times
I would turn down my "ghetto blaster" with the booming bass and then drive through. (sarcasm)

In all seriousness, no.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,219,776 times
LOL No.

Around here if you are driving a flashy car in a ghetto area, it's the police that you have to worry about the most. They know that wealthy people who like to do drugs or pickup streetwalkers are about the only ones driving really flashy cars in those areas & they'll stop you just to see what you're up to.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:10 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,789,376 times
All I will say is I was NOT happy when my GPS took me through East New York (murder capital of NY) to avoid traffic on the Belt Pkwy. At least it was day time. This is why they speak of putting in an "avoid ghetto" option on GPS'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive