Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 04:20 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
Doesn't take any modifications to do. Brand new trucks off the lot do it. Just step on the gas and you are in business.

more GAS

We (diesels) don't do GAS

That could be 'throttle'?

BTW... I'm a Very avid biker, ecologist and diesel owner (over 40 of them at the moment)

50 mpg since 1976, where have you been? (Prius owners LOVE my bumper sticker)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 10:50 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
I roll coal pretty much daily.

I actually often leave a brick on my gas pedal in my driveway to fill my entire neighborhood with billowing clouds of soot.

One of my neighbors voted for Walter Mondale back in the day so this is my way of sticking it to him.
That's really funny. I used to have a neighbor who did that all the time, too. Left his truck parked right next to my house, and smoked me out every morning. It was hilarious; dude had a great sense of humor.

I dunno, though. I'm thinking it must have some sort of detrimental mechanical effect on the vehicle somehow. Because his truck kept having all sorts of mysterious things go wrong with it. Contaminated gas, oil in the cooling system, antifreeze in the oil, then one day he lost a wheel because all of the lug nuts on that wheel somehow came loose at the same time... it was all very strange. You wouldn't think there could be any connection between all of those issues, but for as long as he lived there and kept smoking out the neighborhood, that truck seemed to be in the shop more often than it was in his driveway.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 07-11-2014 at 11:03 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 04:05 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,854 times
Was there sometimes a potato like build up in the tail pipe?

Old 07-12-2014, 04:53 AM

13,624 posts, read 10,027,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
That's really funny. I used to have a neighbor who did that all the time, too. Left his truck parked right next to my house, and smoked me out every morning. It was hilarious; dude had a great sense of humor.

I dunno, though. I'm thinking it must have some sort of detrimental mechanical effect on the vehicle somehow. Because his truck kept having all sorts of mysterious things go wrong with it. Contaminated gas, oil in the cooling system, antifreeze in the oil, then one day he lost a wheel because all of the lug nuts on that wheel somehow came loose at the same time... it was all very strange. You wouldn't think there could be any connection between all of those issues, but for as long as he lived there and kept smoking out the neighborhood, that truck seemed to be in the shop more often than it was in his driveway.
By this, you're not condoning tampering with another person's vehicle, and hence endangering the lives of innocent road users, are you?

Old 07-12-2014, 09:23 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
more GAS

We (diesels) don't do GAS

That could be 'throttle'?

BTW... I'm a Very avid biker, ecologist and diesel owner (over 40 of them at the moment)

50 mpg since 1976, where have you been? (Prius owners LOVE my bumper sticker)
Sorry to confuse you old man, but I think you understood the expression. Besides a biker, ecologist and diesel owner, you are a know it all to many. You are the one person that is on ignore by more people than anyone else here. There is a reason for that, thanks for reminding me to add myself to the people who put you on ignore.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:37 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
Sorry to confuse you old man, ....
whoops... another 'annoyed' pious driver (Happens all the time)

I have been getting SMOKED while living in Thailand and following diesel buses on my scooter...

but you certainly don't need a TRUCK to roll coal. (but you WILL need to use Dino Diesel)
Toyota Supra Turbo Vs. VW Golf I TDI Turbo Drag Race - DragTimes.com

Google Image Result for http://www.tuning.sk/images/news/power_fest_zrychlenie_16042011/diesel-power_vw-golf-drag_race_power-fest.jpg

Audi 90 Quattro Turbo 800 HP Vs. VW Polo TDI BiMoto Drag Race - YouTube

Old 07-12-2014, 11:30 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Was there sometimes a potato like build up in the tail pipe?
Ummmm.... I do recall something that smelled like burning bananas. But that might have just been a residual odor from the dead ducks that somehow kept getting stuck inside of his hubcaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
By this, you're not condoning tampering with another person's vehicle, and hence endangering the lives of innocent road users, are you?
Please don't interrupt me while I'm channeling Will Rogers!

Old 07-13-2014, 03:06 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,469,568 times
I've been driving diesels for decades. "Rolling coal" intentionally is just a stupid act by moron drivers. All that is coming out of the tailpipe is partially burned or unburned fuel that has done NOTHING to propel the vehicle. The sign of a good diesel driver is NO smoke, not a lot of it.

Oh, and drivers of gasoline engine vehicles who floor it away from a stoplight are equally as stupid--the only difference is that all of the unburned or partially burned gasoline that is pouring out of the tailpipe does not contain visible particulates, but it's still wasteful and inefficient.

When I'm paying $3.00 or more per gallon (sometimes way more) for fuel, the last thing that I want is to pour it out of the tailpipe without that fuel doing any work to move the vehicle. Wasting fuel by "rolling coal" is more stupid than throwing $5 bills out the window for no reason at all.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:48 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Never on purpose-I don't see the reason. I did notice one time....a line of bicyclists was holding up a whole line of traffic. Too self absorbed to bother pulling over for a mile or two. Cars worked their way past this rolling roadblock one at a a time. I had my diesel Dodge, and happened to be pulling a trailer with a tractor. Downshifted a couple gears and floored it to pass...noticed a nice little cloud in my rear view. No regrets for smoking that group of d-bags, but even then it wasn't deliberate. Unless under load modern diesels don't smoke (stock) and then only slightly.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:42 PM

986 posts, read 2,508,049 times
Default Right Trash

Diesel is an official carcinogen. I'd like to see some of those losers sued if it was caught on video by the right person. They should be investigating YouTube videos if anyone would testify. Slob hunters have already been caught that way; same mentality of disrespect.

Rolling coal represents the GOP at its worst: "We don't care about air pollution, nor do we care about your health." "But we're the good guys, of course. We can quote from the Book of Psalms and pet a Rottweiler puppy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive