Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 10:42 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times

Advertisements

1) Thats a shame to say that: ANYTHING ANALOG IS AWESOME!

2) Thats what CB is for

3) No its not,the 70s were a MUCH BETTER time.... (Pure,etc)

4) Hmmmmm .. Ya got me on this one,I have no response!!

Ah man!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 10:52 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Z View Post
Who said my info and personal details is correct and accurate. Misinformation is my friend.
You'd be mistaken if anyone cares. It is nice to be boring and unimportant.

Most truckers keep their cb radios in the "official" position. Official isn't that what "off" means?

Old 12-24-2014, 11:45 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
To CB or not CB (Why Some Truckers Don't Use it)

Newer trucks have satelight communication, GPS, two way radio from their own dispatcher, You can look on the screen and see where you want to go. Most drivers have their own cell phones. The world is a much differant place than it was 30 years ago.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
To CB or not CB (Why Some Truckers Don't Use it)

Newer trucks have satelight communication, GPS, two way radio from their own dispatcher, You can look on the screen and see where you want to go. Most drivers have their own cell phones. The world is a much differant place than it was 30 years ago.
Most drivers have satellite radio, GPS, laptops and cell phones. They also machines that track hours of service, speed and location and reports back to the company.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Most drivers have satellite radio, GPS, laptops and cell phones. They also machines that track hours of service, speed and location and reports back to the company.
LOL, Yes, I may have covered most of that in my post.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
LOL, Yes, I may have covered most of that in my post.
And?

Old 12-24-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
And?
You don't think it is redundant to quote a post and then write exactly the same thing as what was written in the post you are quoting? Does not really add much to the thread now does it.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:39 AM

695 posts, read 714,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
If they are not after you SO WHAT???
I do NOT like restrictions. They're not after me because I've NEVER been caught. I'd like to keep it that way.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:43 AM

695 posts, read 714,854 times
Quote:
You'd be mistaken if anyone cares. It is nice to be boring and unimportant.

Most truckers keep their cb radios in the "official" position. Official isn't that what "off" means?
That's good. The cops no longer monitor CB, and the FCC ignores the band. That's one of the best things about it.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:59 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Hello All...

In a few weeks, I should be relocating almost 3K mi. Since I have 2 cell phones, should I have a car emergency, I can call AAA. Many years ago, before cellphones were common, my brother used to have a CB in his car for emergencies & gave one to me. It's now long gone, but, in the attempt to be prepared, I see some are less than $35... is there any reason to have a CB in the car for backup in emergency situations?
WHY NOT?

After all, look at it this way. With a cell phone, often you are one tower outage away from being out of touch. Can you say the same with a CB radio?

Granted, if you have to send out a signal and you are away from the interstate, the chances of someone answering are way down.....but at least you are able to send out a signal and someone could be hearing you, never the less.

Of course, if you are on the interstate, then your odds of getting a response go up a lot.....and you might find that answer to why traffic is backed up for 10 miles. Or be friendly to let traffic know going the other direction that they are heading into problems.

The Forester has had a CB for years; the F250 when I figure out where I can put it.... AND I find someone who can mount it along with tuning the aerial. That has been a problem. I do have people around here who sell CB radios and who can install them.....but they lack the equipment to tune the aerial. It is rather frustrating.

BUT.....I suppose it is up to the individual's style. Me, I like having my cars, which I take to remote sites, with as much capability as I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive