Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2007, 10:39 AM

67 posts, read 499,130 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of APLLIANCE INDUSTRIES / Eccentric Roto Lug Kit??? I believe they were out of CA. and has since gone out of business. We're talking....mid-late 1970's.
They are eccentric lug nuts for your rims. My Dad purchased them back then for his 1973 Buick with "True Spoke" rims.
There is a tool to remove these lugs and it got misplaced over the years. Is there anyone that has this TOOL that purhaps I can borrow or purchase??
I cannot remove the wheels without damaging them.
I have tried HEMMINGS, swap meets, auction site/s, local dealerships that sometimes stock "old" items.
Any help would really be appreciated.
thnx.
sambo42xa
Southern, NH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 03:24 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,626,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
Has anyone heard of APLLIANCE INDUSTRIES / Eccentric Roto Lug Kit??? I believe they were out of CA. and has since gone out of business. We're talking....mid-late 1970's.
They are eccentric lug nuts for your rims. My Dad purchased them back then for his 1973 Buick with "True Spoke" rims.
There is a tool to remove these lugs and it got misplaced over the years. Is there anyone that has this TOOL that purhaps I can borrow or purchase??
I have tried HEMMINGS, swap meets, auction site/s, local dealerships that sometimes stock "old" items.
thnx.
sambo42xa
Southern, NH
At first I thought you were talking about the eccentric washers that some wheel manufacturers were using so that you can use the same set of wheels on different brands of cars. When I reread your post it's obvious that your talking about the lugs. I was curious since I've never seen them so I did an internet search and found that you've also hit some other web sites with no results either. If you don't have any luck finding the tool you may want to try a machine shop. They can make a mold of the lug nut and machine a tool for you. It will cost you some bucks but you'll be able to get at those wheels, which I'm sure a worth some money. Is there no way to cut them or drill them out? If you have a photo you may want to post it and maybe someone can figure a cheaper way to get them off. Good luck to you!

Old 12-20-2007, 07:33 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,311 times
I know they make sockets like these

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/lt4300.html

You beat them onto dammaged lugnuts and locking lug nuts where the tool is lost. Not sure if it will work in your case though

Old 12-21-2007, 05:13 AM

67 posts, read 499,130 times
Thnx. for the feedback! I THINK I May have found an alternative. I rechecked ebay (oop's, can I say that on here?) under "roto lugs" and someone has the lugs very similair to the Appliance Lug. If I give them a call with my application, they May have what I am looking for. What a beautiful thing...the internet .
exhdo1- you are correct on the "eccentric washers"....BUT, what I am actually looking for is the tool to remove the lug nut. The tool is not the kind that you're familiar with. You have a fitting you put into the machined area of the lug nut and put your wrench over it and remove. This type goes completely over the lug nut and........well, I myself have never seen it but I have seen a photo of it. Little confusing to explain but I'm sure you get the picture.
Again, THNX.!
Merry Christmas! (oop's, can I say that on here too?)

Old 12-21-2007, 05:53 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,626,395 times
Quote:
Thnx. for the feedback! I THINK I May have found an alternative. I rechecked ebay (oop's, can I say that on here?) under "roto lugs" and someone has the lugs very similair to the Appliance Lug. If I give them a call with my application, they May have what I am looking for. What a beautiful thing...the internet .
exhdo1- you are correct on the "eccentric washers"....BUT, what I am actually looking for is the tool to remove the lug nut. The tool is not the kind that you're familiar with. You have a fitting you put into the machined area of the lug nut and put your wrench over it and remove. This type goes completely over the lug nut and........well, I myself have never seen it but I have seen a photo of it. Little confusing to explain but I'm sure you get the picture.
Again, THNX.!
Merry Christmas! (oop's, can I say that on here too?)
I know exactly what your talking about. I guess your main concern is not to damage the wheels when your trying to get the lugs off. Once again good luck to you!

Old 01-23-2008, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,870 times
Talked to designer of Roto lug. Said many style wheels were sold to GM. You will have to find a GM mechanic who might still have the tool available. Good luck!!

Old 05-17-2009, 04:55 AM

1 posts, read 5,367 times
Roto lug wrench is available on ebay. I'm looking for the trim ring used on Appliance wire wheels. Does anyone know who bought up the inventory when they went under. Does anyone know the name of the vendor who made these. I need 2. I have a set of stainless wire wheels that are in great condition, but missing 2 trim rings. I can't believe the quality and workmanship on these. Any help would be appreciated

Old 12-30-2010, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,317 times
Default Appliance Industries

Quote:
thnx.
sambo42xa
Southern, NH

Appliance Industries was located in California and was owned by W.R. Grace & Co., at least in the 1970's. It was part of the Automotive Industries Group. Grace is a publicly owned company. You migh contact them to see if they can help you.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,484 times
Default Robo-Lug Wrench Tool

I was able to install/remove these with a standard SAE 13/16th inch deep socket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive