Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 04:19 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,973,301 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna agree with Uk. Pick one up from the junkyard.
Good diagnostic UK

But I am surprise it goes out this soon on a 2012 ford escape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 04:26 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Blower motor speed control switches on Fords are junk, we had problems with several of our company vehicles, eventually your blower motor will not come on at all no matter what setting it is on once it burns up completely.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:32 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,771 times
Car is under warranty, so we made an appointment with Ford, there is also this sound from the back that will be fixed, probably a bearing. I was curious, because this issue might not be under warranty, but it is.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:32 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
No air is blowing on one and two. If you put your hand in front of the vent there is nothing, but on 3 and 4 you feel air blowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
No, we talking different parts.
So, if you have blower working but ac turns on only on 3 and 4 blower speeds, then unit that turns ac on, which is your climate control unit, has something broken that does NOT turn it on at speeds 1, 2,
Climate control unit is device where all the temp and blower setting dials are. It's replaceable unit, you only need to get to it. P&P.
Am I completely misreading things here?

Sounds to me like he's saying the blower does NOT work on 1 and 2, only on 3 and 4. Which, to me, indicates the resistor pack. You're saying that he's saying he DOES get the blower on 1 and 2. Which.. I am totally not reading in what the OP says.

Now.. Either way.. It's getting fixed under warranty.. But.. One of us is totally misreading his posts.. Not saying it isn't me, but..

Old 08-01-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Am I completely misreading things here?

Sounds to me like he's saying the blower does NOT work on 1 and 2, only on 3 and 4. Which, to me, indicates the resistor pack. You're saying that he's saying he DOES get the blower on 1 and 2. Which.. I am totally not reading in what the OP says.

Now.. Either way.. It's getting fixed under warranty.. But.. One of us is totally misreading his posts.. Not saying it isn't me, but..
No, you are right.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:25 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Well, either way.. Report back to us on what the dealership says.

I stand by the blower resistor pack being the likely problem. Certainly not saying that's the only thing it could be and I'm not saying uk is wrong.. But, my (admittedly limited) experience is that the resistor pack is generally the cause when you lose certain speed settings. My experience, it's been 100%, but.. I wouldn't take that as gospel.

Whole thing goes out.. Probably the motor. Or related to the motor.. I haven't seen many bad motors.. Seen a couple that blew the fuse, which may mean they're not long for the world.. But, I wouldn't replace a motor that blew a fuse once.

I've never seen a situation as uk is describing (or seems to be) where the blower motor works on all speed settings, but it only blows cool on 3 and 4. Certainly could speak to my limited experience that I haven't seen it, but..

Old 08-02-2014, 01:31 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Blower motor speed control switches on Fords are junk, we had problems with several of our company vehicles, eventually your blower motor will not come on at all no matter what setting it is on once it burns up completely.
Me and my family have been driving Fords since the 70's (and we've owned quite a few). Never had a fan speed control switch fail. My daughter has an 06 Focus that had a vent position control go bad (they are cable driven) and it was replaced under warranty.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:36 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
Car is under warranty, so we made an appointment with Ford, there is also this sound from the back that will be fixed, probably a bearing. I was curious, because this issue might not be under warranty, but it is.
I think that's what I said! You have 3 year 36K miles bumper to bumper and 5 years 60K power train.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:26 PM

Resistor was the culprit. Autonation fixed it free. For the sound they put a new front axle on. Great warranty.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:05 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Ford SUV's are notorious for air resistor packs going bad. Op sounds like #3 or #4 resistor is out.
Here's a lot of info to check out on google:https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...+pack+problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive