Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 07:07 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELL37 View Post
I currently own a 2003 Tacoma and 2012 FJ. The FJ is a new purchase. In a moment of stupidity I sold my previous FJ for a Wrangler Rubi... What a mistake that was...

If you need a pick up bed then the Tacoma is the way to go. If you don't then the 4-Runner is the way to go.. Not a fan of the LC as it's just too big for offroading in a lot of places but still a damn nice truck....
My buddy has a 4 door tacoma 4x. I drove it and its really nice. I like the composite bed. Not sure if it still comes like that or they went back to steel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 07:28 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times
I've got a 2014 Tacoma and a 2-door 2007 Wrangler. I take both off road, though I've taken the Jeep off road more often than the Tacoma obviously. They each have their advantages. I think I like the Jeep slightly more (I feel like the smaller size makes it easier to maneuver), though the Tacoma is a lot more comfortable to take on longer trips, like driving to Moab from Denver.

Last edited by cowboyxjon; 08-22-2014 at 07:57 PM..

Old 10-05-2014, 09:42 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
After nearly 10 years and 147,000 miles of trouble free motoring my 4runner has developed a bad secondary air pump issue. Apparently this is a known issue with the 4.7 V8 and Toyota will extend the warranty of 2007 and newer Tundras, not 4runners up to 150,000 miles. This doesn't do me any good and it's a $4000 repair.

When the pump fails the truck will go into drag mode, lose power and won't recover until the codes are cleared. This secondary pump is only used when the truck is cold started to heat the Cat's up quickly. So what we have been doing is trying to run it a few minutes at night before we go to bed and so fat that's been working. There is a bypass kit that can be purchased on ebay that seems to work and disable the system.

I have decided to trade it in for a new 2014 4runner. Should be picking it up sometimes this week.

Although this sudden issue is annoying I have all good things to say about the 4runner. It survived Super Storm Sandy, it still ran, shifted, rode and handled like the day we took it off the show room floor. It's a very capable truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive