Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2014, 06:07 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Why bother reading it, much less commenting then? Let me guess, you went to the very last page and formed an opinion and think I am the OP that made the topic? You'd be sorely mistaken.
Last I remember, it was only two pages @ 40ppp, so yeah, after reading both pages, and making my second post in relation to what you said directly, without any of those retarded assumptions you claim, because I specifically on page one grouped cyclist in to three catagories based road actions. I do as such, because I can, because I want to, necause I'm a member of these boards. The very same reason you post about crap you hate, and lump all cyclist blindly in one stereotype. Plus the intentions to have spoken in every section possible, and automotive is my favorite.

Like I said; we aren't the same, some follow the laws, some don't care, and others break laws only when daft people like yourself is on the road. Regardless of the actions of cyclist, it's your job to simply deal with it, and not try to institute mad max justice. I'm sure you wouldn't try an run a motorcycle, or vehicle relative in size and mass to yours off the road for pulling similar stunts- so don't so don't do it to bikes, cager
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I cant even imagine being jealous of someone that is riding a bike while I am in my air conditioned car listening to the radio lol.

I don't even know what the "moral" order of the road is to be honest. I've never even known there was one. So much for thinking after 30 years of driving I knew the rules of the road.
It seems like the pecking order is; busses, trucks, stepvans of the like, that can almost effortlessly destroy anything in it's path gets a wide berth. Suvs, pickups, vans are next, then there's cars- which are in large numbers. Motorcycles are tollerable, scooters and mopeds need to speed up or go away- even though there are scooters with 500+ cc engines, they don'y seem fast enough. Then there are bicycles- which seen as if they are nothing but toys.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:11 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Ahhh, the truth finally comes out.

Here is an example of a driver enraged that bicycles upset the moral order of the road. You want bicyclists to be punished for things you can't do.

I don't disobey laws nor do I advocate for other cyclists that do so. However, this primative response to something as minor as a cyclist rolling through a stop sign is just irrational misplaced anger.
You can act all high and mighty if you want and think rules don't apply to you...what is the reason for that? Is it because you think that you can't do no damage? You couldn't possibly kill someone other than yourself? Think again!

My son was almost ran over by a bicyclists who just ran through a red light in full speed. We saw him coming up behind the cars and stupid me thinking he would stop like everybody else. As we are crossing my son is about 2 steps ahead of me. I yanked him back grabbing the hold of his jacket. All I hear from the bicyclists was " oh...sorry....". He didn't even slow down.

I see this crap all the time. If you are rolling through a stop sign, then what about the car who was there before you? Now he has to wait for you and if he doesn't , if he assumes that you are stopping,end up hitting you, then what? If you are ok with it I guess I am too.
Selfish!

Old 09-25-2014, 07:13 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
It seems like the pecking order is; busses, trucks, stepvans of the like, that can almost effortlessly destroy anything in it's path gets a wide berth. Suvs, pickups, vans are next, then there's cars- which are in large numbers. Motorcycles are tollerable, scooters and mopeds need to speed up or go away- even though there are scooters with 500+ cc engines, they don'y seem fast enough. Then there are bicycles- which seen as if they are nothing but toys.
One difference. Those are all licensed, registered, and insured. Except the cyclists. You want to ride in the road, play by the same rules

Old 09-25-2014, 07:20 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I consider myself a considerate cyclist.. I stop at 4 way stops if there are other vehicles with the right of way or at stoplights at busy intersections but am not going to stop at every stoplight when theres no traffic there since those are the routes I take.. go press the walk button to get the light to change and wait for it to turn green.

I make sure no cars are around at a stoplight and then go.. I try to be a hypermiler in that Ill coast along at 5mph until theres no cross traffic and then go. I will also roll through stop signs around 5-10 mph if nobody is around. I stay off busy roads and only hit little used county roads or bike paths when possible.

What I dont like are cars that have the right of way come to a dead stop on a busy road that intersects a bike path to let me pass... Id rather they just followed the rules of the road and I will go when theres an opening.

Funny coincidence.. today I saw a large pickup blow through a 4 way stop at full speed as another car was already stopped there with right of way.. happened at the same time I was on a bike path on the other side of the road ready to stop but when I saw him barrel through I kept going.

Last edited by sholomar; 09-25-2014 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-25-2014, 10:08 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
Pound sand all you want haters, the fact remains cyclists don't require registration, because we haven't become totally Communist yet thank goodness, and that's just the way it is.

Keep being jealous, I'm going to keep pedaling--well out of the way, which is more than I can say for certain semi tractor trailers and people in all sorts of different vehicles driving below the speed limit with a parade of cars trapped behind them.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
One difference. Those are all licensed, registered, and insured. Except the cyclists. You want to ride in the road, play by the same rules
No.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:23 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Well, I guess we've identified the cyclists in this thread who are the ones making problems for the good cyclists, haven't we? Or, actually, they've identified themselves. Pretty obvious.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:32 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
No.
Ok. Sounds like cyclists just want special treatment. Maybe skateboarders and roller skaters should have same access to the roads as cyclists. Wonder how cyclists would feel if they had to share the road with skateboarders and roller skaters.

Skaters and roller skaters pay taxes like everyone else. How come they aren't afforded the same privileges as cyclists

Last edited by IShootNikon; 09-26-2014 at 08:46 AM..

Old 09-26-2014, 08:42 AM

768 posts, read 718,778 times
I would like to see separate bike trails that are away from the roads traveled by autos. Even though I think taxation is out of control, Cyclists & bicycles could be taxed similarly to vehicles to provide such trails. I've never understood why it is assumed that bicycles should be on the same roads as vehicles. The two don't belong together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive