Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 10:45 AM

10 posts, read 8,829 times

Advertisements

Good Morning,

I'm fresh new to this forum, came with a reference to look for CCc girl in this place,

I'm having some issues with my car, Toyota Camry 2002 V6 LE...

Tranny is giving some problems, a repair down here is very expansive and the best that I can get is a 3 month guarantee, so that's why I prefer to import a good rebuilt one with 3 YEARS guarantee...

I live in Costa Rica, and the Local Toyota dealer they simply don't run this Models, only if somebody request one as a special purchase, so they import the car from the States.

Mine was imported directly from Florida by it's first owner, because he didn't want to pay double profit to 2 dealers ( Florida and Costa Rica ),

I have a tread in Toyota Nation:

Problems after ATF oil change - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

And one of the guys told me to talk with you...that you can really provide good and liable information.

So here it is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 02:17 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times
the rebuilt three year warranty will most likely be void when the tranny leaves the country.

You will need to set up a freight forwarding account with one of the companies that do it in the Medley, FL area. Or perhaps you have a friend or relative that has one.

Please be more specific as to what the problems are with your unit. What happened after the ATF service?

How many miles on the car?

What was the diagnosis and estimated cost of repair?

Here is the corrected link to your Nation thread:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...il-change.html

Old 09-27-2014, 04:14 PM

The car is just 76897 miles

A three year guarantee in USA gives me more confidence than a 3 month locally...

A local "tranny Mechanic", told me finally that the issue at this moment is just mechanical, but it still lights up C.E.L. with P0750 for solenoid A.

He estimated around $1750.00 for tranny overhaul, but with 3 month guarantee...

I already have a freight forwarding account, and a friend that every 3 months travels to USA to buy and send used/new car parts in containers, he offered me to throw my new tranny inside one, and he will bring it to me, perhaps saving some money in customs tax.

The problem started when I just dropped the pan to clean everything, removed the filter and washed it out with gasoline, then put every thing back together and refilled first with 4 quarts of ATF "Castrol Trans-max Import" which meets T-IV specs...

Then disconnected the return hose from the cooler, started the engine and let around 1 quart get discharged until color seemed "new",

Turned off engine, reconnect the hose, refill again with engine running with the tranny in "N", checked level, moved into gears with no sounds or bumps...

Took the car for a small test drive, first at low speeds shifting gears around the block, checked oil level, added some more,

Test drive again at normal rush hour speeds....

Here's where the problem begins:

When I take off after a full stop, some time the car revs all the way to 5500 to change to second gear, some times it does it at 3000, etc,

Prior to this She changed gears without going to high RPMs....

At this moment the car is cooling off in the garage.

I intend to drive it a highway speed in around 2 hours to see "what happens"...

I have double checked oil level, and its in proper level...

thanks for doing the correct link to my tread at Nation.

Any help will be more than appreciated.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:59 AM

2,715 posts, read 11,906,525 times
bump

Old 09-28-2014, 05:10 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
bump
As long as you've been here you should know that a bump is a TOS violation.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:03 AM

Can the unit be repaired and not overhauled?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:28 PM

not in Costa Rica...

Old 09-29-2014, 03:52 AM

'A local "tranny Mechanic", told me finally that the issue at this moment is just mechanical, but it still lights up C.E.L. with P0750 for solenoid A.'

This guy can't tell you what needs replacing and can't do the work?

Old 09-29-2014, 08:33 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,790,192 times
Replace the Shift Solenoid A its malfunctioning then flush and refill using genuine Toyota trans fluid.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:38 AM

^^^ this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive