Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 09:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

It is still a used car so do your own inspection. Used car dealers are no more trustworthy than they ever were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 07:12 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall-Florida View Post
How did you find out, I assume it was mint when you first laid eyes on it. I am guessing problem occurred with the repair?
Believe it or not, I missed it! I wasn't looking for paintwork on a new car! Guy came to detail the car and mentioned it, then showed me the tape lines and then used a magnet to show me the massive amounts of bondo!

Old 10-17-2014, 07:32 AM

148 posts, read 523,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Believe it or not, I missed it! I wasn't looking for paintwork on a new car! Guy came to detail the car and mentioned it, then showed me the tape lines and then used a magnet to show me the massive amounts of bondo!
Wow, I have a tool I use to measure paint. I take it when shopping used cars. If I ever by a new car, better take it I guess.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:40 PM

804 posts, read 1,074,822 times
AS I like to call them certified used pieces of junk. Never understood why people accually think machinaics are checking out the car that closely.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:38 PM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,225,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersbone View Post
AS I like to call them certified used pieces of junk. Never understood why people accually think machinaics are checking out the car that closely.
I somewhat agree to this. The CPO is certainly better than the cars from your typical mom & pop used car dealers... in the sense that it has a warranty. But that's about it. I am sure it is not all dealers but I would imagine that they would want the car back to be fixed under the CPO warranty rather than to spend their own money fixing it up.

As for the bumper, I am pretty sure they will buff it out if it is not thru the paint. No dealer is going to replace or repaint a bumper due to a scratch. But to be honest, I rather have it buffed out than a repaint because dealers are going to try to spend as little money as possible and it will probably be that "lease return" type of a paint job where it will end up cracking at some point in time due the flexibility of the plastic bumpers and probably not enough flex agent in the paint. OEM factory paint jobs are least likely to crack.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:14 AM

221 posts, read 335,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersbone View Post
I always wonder about the draw to programs like these. Like a mechanic would be able to tell that the car had one oil change in the 30K miles it might have. Or the driver was an aspiring Nascar star. I dunno, those couple years working at a full-service gas station when I was in school kind of gave me a jaded view on how car owners or lease holders treat vehicles, and used cars kind of make me leery of them, especially one or two year old versions. There might be a reason they are used cars that soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive