Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:14 AM

656 posts, read 1,341,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2 View Post
It might be just me but.....

I've had TMPS on two cars now and I don't find it particularly useful.

If a tire looks low.....I put air in it and check the pressures all round.....it ain't rocket science!

Mikey
We're a culture of convenience. Nobody wants to take the time to check their fluids and gauge their tires, so they design cars with multitudes of sensors to do it for them. Even truck drivers - who are supposed to be professionals and diligent about these things - often get complacent and lazy and won't do these things. If I had a Dollar for every time a truck came into my bay with the oil several gallons low, low/flat/blown out tires that the driver never noticed, wheel seals which blew the hell up without the driver noticing, etc., then that weekly tool bill would certainly sting a lot less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 01:54 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,209,035 times
QuickCar Racing 56-061 Quickcar Racing Products Tire Pressure Gauges - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

This is my go to gauge....I would try a different gauge.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:26 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,477,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Why won't the tire take air?

Faulty air stration? Or ome of those stations where you set the pressure to a number and it automatically stops?

Sounds like the station ran low on pressure for some reason. Buy yourself a quality, 12v compressor that runs off your car battery. I'm not talking cheap; plan on spending at least a hundred bucks. It will eventually pay for itself.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,440 times
Well I'm having the same issue on wife van . Rear tire won't take air in or let air out. I went to Walmart and bought the Valve core removable it came with four valve cores for $1.88 got home ant replaced it but wen I removed the old vale core normally all the air from the tire would be let out . Not the case here no air came out the tire looked still half inflated. Don't know what the issue is any ideas. Plz help

Old 12-12-2018, 12:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.mz View Post
Well I'm having the same issue on wife van . Rear tire won't take air in or let air out. I went to Walmart and bought the Valve core removable it came with four valve cores for $1.88 got home ant replaced it but wen I removed the old vale core normally all the air from the tire would be let out . Not the case here no air came out the tire looked still half inflated. Don't know what the issue is any ideas. Plz help
Run flat tires?

Old 12-12-2018, 12:26 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,588,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
soooo... the nitrogen will repair it? sweet!

Nitrogen is nothing more than a scam. Don't waste your money on it.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:10 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
soooo... the nitrogen will repair it? sweet!
That’s like saying useing STP will stop oil bunting, nitrogen is a gimmick if you need air in your tires how many nitrogen air pumps do you see at gas stations, or outside a tire store. Dealer told me they use plain air if tires are low. You most likely had a bad air pump try another place to get air. People fall for the craziest gimmicks like the old west medicine man selling snake oil that cures everything.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:52 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Air is already 78% nitrogen. If it's less prone to leaking than the other gases, you would eventually reach 100% just topping off

Old 12-14-2018, 12:26 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Do the easy cheap things first. Try a different pressure gauge. Try a different compressor - even if you think your compressor is fine, sometimes they are working right but lack the power to till a tire. Both of these things will cost less than $5.

If that fails, then replace the calve core. This requires you to remove the wheel and deflate the tire. Then use a $2 tool to remove the valve stem. A replacement bvalve stem will also cost next to nothing. Then refill the tire.

If you are going to consider Nitrogen, you need to also be sure to change the summer air for winter air and also top off your blinker fluid.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:27 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,639,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2 View Post
It might be just me but.....

I've had TMPS on two cars now and I don't find it particularly useful.

If a tire looks low.....I put air in it and check the pressures all round.....it ain't rocket science!

Mikey
^

This......stupid stupid stuff drives me crazy. I’ve carried a little 12 volt compressor/light/air gauge combo with me for years. Has a 20’ cord that plugs into 12 V outlet. I’d always check the tires and add air as needed. Duh.

So, I find out my TPMS system is bad, replace all sensors at next tire change ($100+). Still bad. My local shop diagnoses bad TPMS computer. I said screw it, let it be, annoying since the indicator permanently blocked part of my dash display (radio channel). It turns out though that it is apparently law that TPMS systems on cars manufactured after a certain date must have working TPMS on state inspection.

So, I pay $700 to get the stupid computer replaced. They get it connected, the first thing it does is throw an error code that the TPMS antenna receiver is bad. @(#$*&*#*@!!! After another $200+ the stupid system is finally working. All that for something I don’t need but some safety for all federal bureaucracy thinks is a swell idea. If it’s such a swell idea, it doesn’t need to be a law rammed down the throats of those of us who don’t want it or need it.

Flame off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive