Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 08:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Should have called the police when you saw the damage and informed the manager. They may not have a camera in the parking lot, but some inside cameras may have a view of the parking lot. If it shows employees did this then they, the employees, will face minor charges. But as it was done by employees on the clock on their property then the restaurant franchise can be held liable for the damages in a civil suit. Your insurance may cover the damage, but they may also assist in getting reimbursement from the franchise. If it shows up on video, the franchise may pay for the damage without going to court.
The restaurant can not be held criminal or civil as responsible actually. Unless they were doing official duties; not crime on their own. This was crime on their own and not part of their duties.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:25 PM

54 posts, read 184,217 times
Yes, they were all employees and in uniform. Standing around smoking in the lot by the back door in parking spots. Im assuming they were supposed to be taking out the trash since their were several bags of garbage with them. Why they were choosing to loiter in parking spots is beyond me. Ive learned my lesson in the fact that i will never go to another tacobell again in a shady part of town, and yes it a horrible part of town. We were shopping in another city, had to drive this way to get home...and against better judgement chose to stop in a bad neighborhood for dinner. Like i said, luckily its the side thats already keyed front to back from previous owner. I guess they could have smashed in the windows or slashed the tires. So far ive made no headway with this issue. Thanks to everyone with worthwhile responses and not sarcastic remarks. In the end i knew my truck would have to be repainted due to the first key, so second keying it a mute point as far as whos paying for the repair.

We were nothing but friendly to the staff, but apparently waiting for employees to move from parking stalls is an invite for vandilism.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:09 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,306,322 times
Report it to corporate. They need to know you're not happy with their employees' behavior. You're the customer and you probably don't plan on going back there because of the loitering. Let them know you're vehicle was keyed and they can tell you if there are cameras.

If you have insurance you may have to report it to the police to have the repairs done.

I know you're angry. I would be, too. Just be "mathematically minded" (I'm not) and take it one step at a time. Someone did it. It's illegal. You may never be reimbursed but it should be reported.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:36 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,412,768 times
If they do have cameras to see what happened, you should be covered, if not, well.. You also have keys dont you.....I didnt say that. I would never recommend this kind of activity. Wink, wink.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:45 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,981,856 times
I'd have to be starving within an inch of my life to knowingly eat at a Taco Bell in a bad area. Probably not even then.

And even then, I'd use the drive through.

And if there was no drive through, and anyone was loitering in the parking lot, I'd keep right on driving.

It's called Situational awareness.

This story seems a bit strange.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:33 AM

214 posts, read 281,538 times
[quote=painted_pony;37621416]On a positive note, at least they keyed the side that was already keyed from the very front to the gas tank (previous owner).[/quote] ???

Trust me... it's all in your head. Your already keyed up car got keyed up again? And the people decided to key it up on the exact same side????. You should play lotto with odds like that.

You saw a certain group of people standing in your way. Figured they'd be mad. Whether they were or not. Your concious thought you did something wrong and they'd retaliate against it. They did nothing. But when you get back to the car you're LOOKING for something THATS ALREADY BEEN THERE. c'mon be for real. You know it's all in your head. Called guilt. And you already had the keyed up scratches on your car to support your guilt.

If someone wants to get back at you by keying up your already keyed up car. They'll do it on the side you'll notice. The clean slated one. Other side. They won't key the side that you'll have a hard time seeing it.

But if you want to drag it on just go back up to the store and tell the manager and ask about the cameras. If they do. Then problem solved.

But you won't. It's all in your head.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:49 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by painted_pony View Post
Went to dine in at a taco bell.
I don't know what that means. You lost me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.