Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 10:37 PM

54 posts, read 184,315 times

Advertisements

Went to dine in at a taco bell. When pulling in the lot there was numerous employees loitering in the parking spots. We patiently waited for them to move so we could park. Never honked or made a single gesture. After we come back out from dining, my navigators passenger door is all keyed up down to bare metal. Now im left wondering if taco bell employees keyed up my car for apparently disturbing their little parking lot shindig. Any suggestions?
All i can think of is calling corporate and complaining. I rather doubt they have cameras on the lot and even if they did, their not going to admit fault. Very disappointed. I could understand their actions if id been a jerk.....

Old 12-12-2014, 10:43 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,209,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by painted_pony View Post
I rather doubt they have cameras on the lot and even if they did
Either they have cameras in the lot or they don't. "I rather doubt they have cameras..." really doesn't cut it.

I have a hard time believing you didn't actually check this at the time or didn't go back and check it out later. And didn't see if other places had cameras with the parking lot in the background.

If the people that you are accusing of doing this actually did this it is doubtful they have access to the camera or recording medium.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-13-2014 at 11:26 AM..

Old 12-12-2014, 10:48 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
They were standing in all the available parking spots??

I don't know what calling corporate is going to do for you, other than let you complain. They certainly are not going to reimburse you for the paint, or give you free stuff since you have no proof.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:48 PM

54 posts, read 184,315 times
My husband is one of those people who just takes everything in stride, but now im kinda pissed off about it. In the end, more than likely i know im stuck footing the bills to repair it. However, if they did do it, those individuals need fired. You dont key customers cars for parking in the lot. I checked all but the hood of the car after we got home, didnt find anymore damage. I know my truck like the back of my hand and that key wasnt there previously. On a positive note, at least they keyed the side that was already keyed from the very front to the gas tank (previous owner).

Old 12-13-2014, 12:07 AM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Looks like your keyed vehicle invited others to do the same. Not much you can do about it but swear a lot. Or you could go inside Taco Bell and pull all the toilet paper rolls off the walls and hide them.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:48 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I wouldn't have sat waiting there just to save 20 seconds of walking time... but since the deed is done I'm not sure what you can do that you could do without getting arrested..

Old 12-13-2014, 09:16 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
You can't DO ANYTHING until you call the police and file a police report...

THEN the police (or you) can request copies of any surveillance footage of who did what.

Note that other businesses in the area may have cameras inadvertently covering the area where your car was parked. So go and look at the surveillance cameras in the area or ask the restaurant and businesses in the area if they have any cameras pointing that way.

And it is best to not accuse someone of doing something unless you have evidence they did it!

Old 12-13-2014, 09:30 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by painted_pony View Post
Went to dine in at a taco bell. When pulling in the lot there was numerous employees loitering in the parking spots.
I don’t know that that means.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:15 AM

1,976 posts, read 6,860,686 times
Do you have comprehensive insurance coverage and if yes what is the deductible. If the repair bill is significantly more than the deductible, I will let the insurance deal with it. If not, then you can file a police report. I am almost sure the store would have surveillance camera for THEIR protection, the problem is sometimes these camera's delete the recording after a certain number of hours.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:55 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Should have called the police when you saw the damage and informed the manager. They may not have a camera in the parking lot, but some inside cameras may have a view of the parking lot. If it shows employees did this then they, the employees, will face minor charges. But as it was done by employees on the clock on their property then the restaurant franchise can be held liable for the damages in a civil suit. Your insurance may cover the damage, but they may also assist in getting reimbursement from the franchise. If it shows up on video, the franchise may pay for the damage without going to court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive