Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 11:40 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngeliqueLucid View Post
you know what I thanked you for your advice and now you're really attacking me I made a mistake but I did not know I had scraped that guys car it was a ****ing mistake now **** you for attacking my character I'm not going to make up a lie in court retriever. **** you !
Making a mistake and owning up to it is part of being an adult and a functional part of society. You want to talk about attacks, look at what you're writing.

You screwed up. You take your lumps and learn from it. You don't respond with "**** you."

Old 12-14-2014, 12:09 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Depending on the state, your mother may be in some trouble over this as well. In some states, it's illegal to own a vehicle that is not insured. She may wind up having to go to court over this too.

Good luck to you guys.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:12 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,825,782 times
My advice would be: next time call Domino's for delivery.

Old 12-14-2014, 12:31 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,392,303 times
I don't feel sorry for you. If you don't have a driver's license and it's not a critical life-or-death emergency, don't drive. Likewise hitting someone without insurance is inexcusable. If you own a vehicle you intend to drive on the road, it MUST be insured.

I don't think there are any states in the US where one has to be older than 18 to have a license, so you have no reason not to have one.

Go to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go directly to jail.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:19 PM

214 posts, read 281,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The OP is apparently seeking to lessen her legal consequences. Unless she is skilled in legal arguments, that will cost her some money in order to have somebody do the arguing for her, and it is not unusual for somebody in legal jeopardy to spend more on their representation than a fine might cost upon conviction.

Where you getting the She from?. Sounds like a He to me.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:29 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The OP is apparently seeking to lessen her legal consequences. Unless she is skilled in legal arguments, that will cost her some money in order to have somebody do the arguing for her, and it is not unusual for somebody in legal jeopardy to spend more on their representation than a fine might cost upon conviction.

The fine is irrelevant. The OP is 18 and does not need a misdemeanor conviction on her record for when she goes to seek employment, apply for higher education, etc. It is not a serious criminal case, but it could mean the difference between getting the slot/job or not, if she has a class 2 misdemeanor conviction on her record, which is why I encouraged her to seek legal representation as it is very likely an attorney can get this handled as a traffic matter, depending upon the county.

And, don't blame the OP for seeking to mitigate the consequences as it is a normal facet of the justice system in this country. Sure, she should make the other party whole, but she did not intentionally cause an accident and flee, which is why the law enforcement authorities used their discretion to issue a citation to appear. She is absolutely entitled to representation under the law, and to mitigate consequences, as most jurists I know (including those in my family and a very good friend's father who has spent many a year on the bench in traffic court) would want to rehabilitate someone as opposed to castigate them for a lapse in judgment. Now, subsequent offenses for the same violation will result in the proverbial book being propelled with the full weight of the law.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 12-14-2014, 01:41 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underated9 View Post
Where you getting the She from?. Sounds like a He to me.
Ummm...the screen-name has "Angelique" in it.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:16 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngeliqueLucid View Post
you know what I thanked you for your advice and now you're really attacking me I made a mistake but I did not know I had scraped that guys car it was a ****ing mistake now **** you for attacking my character I'm not going to make up a lie in court retriever. **** you !
This attitude needs to change before you are in the courtroom.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:23 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Depending on the state, your mother may be in some trouble over this as well. In some states, it's illegal to own a vehicle that is not insured. She may wind up having to go to court over this too.

Good luck to you guys.
Although that is true in most, if not all states, since OP was the driving and not her, she won't get in trouble for this in this instance, especially since OP is no longer a minor. He/she should hire a lawyer. Even if it costs him/her more money in the short term, going to court without one would give OP a great disadvantage in court. An attorney can negotiate a lighter sentence with the judge ie. fines or probation rather than inability for OP to get a license at all for X number of years. Also, OP should NOT try to minimize his/her role in this. Judges don't take kindly to defendants who try to blame others when a crime (and that's what this is, if a minor one) is obviously their fault.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:23 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,027,614 times
I really hope they throw the book at ya....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive