Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 06:12 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
The worst are Suzuki, and Cadillac. But I wouldn't also buy an Infinity, Lexus, Porsche, or Rolls Royce. Way overpriced. I don't waste money.

Three best are probably Honda, Toyota, and Nissan.
In what way are they overpriced? Infiniti and Lexus are actually among the most affordable, best bang-for-buck luxury cars out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 07:02 AM

479 posts, read 1,434,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
OK, I'll play but brand choice SO depends on the model/type of vehicle, purpose, budget, expected ownership duration, even climate... for a simple answer I'd include:

Audi
Porsche
Subaru (and of blessed memory/honorable mention for what was and could have been ... Saab which could have been in top 3)

The ones I won't buy right now...really most of the rest, notably Japanese and American (if I had to, there are a couple Cadillacs that look interesting)

and before someone cries elitism, back in the day I owned some cool American and Japanese cars people regarded as desirable...some were really fun and some boringly practical. I had no interest in European cars.

My tastes and the cars have changed.
If GM hadn't killed off Saab, I could see them having a future as Subaru's luxury brand.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:18 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Wow Subaru, Honda and Toyota are all "chick" cars. I guess you are a girl.
Wrong. Toyotas are incredibly popular with both sexes. As for me,

Top 3:

1. Toyota
2. Hyundai
3. Pontiac or Chevy (ok, I cheated. That's four).

Bottom 3:

1. Mazda
2. Kia
3. Saturn

Old 12-18-2014, 09:25 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Wrong. Toyotas are incredibly popular with both sexes. As for me,

Top 3:

1. Toyota
2. Hyundai
3. Pontiac or Chevy (ok, I cheated. That's four).

Bottom 3:

1. Mazda
2. Kia
3. Saturn

Pontiac?
I respect everyone's opinion, but I'm curious: Care to explain why?

Old 12-18-2014, 09:45 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Subaru WRX is a chick car?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Suba...l%3B1667%3B782

Old 12-18-2014, 09:58 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Subaru WRX is a chick car?
Subaru in general are chick cars

Nothing wrong with a chicks car, my wife had a Subaru back in the day. Ultimate Chicks cars are Pontiac Grand Ams, Dodge Datonas (Dee McCalls car from Hunter), Mustang IIs, Chevettes. Camrys and Corollas, volkswagon beetles, minivans, miatas, Fiat 500, GEO tracker, mini Cooper, Dodge Neon, Pontiac Sunfire, Toyota Prius, Honda Accord

I once owned a Chick Car, nothing wrong with it.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:09 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,133,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Really? No "quintessential sports car" for you, or any variation on the RX7? Or the mid '80s turbo MX6? Or an RX3 or RX2? You "wouldn't be caught dead in one?"

I swear, reading this thread really points out how many people in the automotive section are not car enthusiasts and don't actually know much about cars in general.
+1 can't rep you again until I rep a thousand other people. What is that top car? It's awesome! It was scary fun riding in my friends 94 RX7 around Road America with ls1 replacing the turbo about 15 years ago.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:23 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,185 times
Quote:

Nothing wrong with a chicks car, my wife had a Subaru back in the day. Ultimate Chicks cars are Pontiac Grand Ams, Dodge Datonas (Dee McCalls car from Hunter), Mustang IIs, Chevettes. Camrys and Corollas, volkswagon beetles, minivans, miatas, Fiat 500, GEO tracker, mini Cooper, Dodge Neon, Pontiac Sunfire, Toyota Prius, Honda Accord

Assigning masculinity or feminity to a car is stupid. After all, they're all big pieces of metal, rubber, and plastic .

Old 12-18-2014, 10:24 AM

24 posts, read 35,125 times
Quote:

It is also no secret Subaru's appeal highly to gay guys. Speaking of which, some of you need to come out of the closet already. It's OK, it's trendy to be that way nowadays.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:41 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Time View Post
It is also no secret Subaru's appeal highly to gay guys. Speaking of which, some of you need to come out of the closet already. It's OK, it's trendy to be that way nowadays.
At least get it right- Subarus are known to appeal highly to lesbians. I'm a gay man with a Subaru and I get playfully mocked by my gay friends for driving a lesbian car. If I were in the least bit insecure or immature I guess that might bother me, but I'm just loving every minute driving my WRX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive