Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:48 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,404,961 times

Advertisements

I dated a girl who owned a Miita. I once had to drive it on Long Island Expressway home from Manhattan at 3am with massive trucks all around top down. I found it under powered and felt like a death trap.

Chick cars attact chicks. I have owned 15 Cars. Guys cars sometimes attracts too many guys.

I owned a low mileage black two door hardtop factory black 1969 plymouth that was almost an exact replica of the car Vind Deseal drove in the Fast and the Furious. It was what you call a survivor. Car had like 58K on odometer and had a dent in left fender and a little bit of bubble rust on rear trunk. Not much Car was garaged from 1969-1986 from original owner from 1986 till 1992 was outdoors with second owner until I bought it. Had all manuals everything and interior was new.

Everywhere I went greesy biker or mechanics type would gather around does it have a V8, was it ever raced, is it orginal engine and tranny how much do you want. The few girls I took on dates in it hated it. No AC, AM Radio, a dent on the side. It was a mans cars. Buy vinyl seats roasted in summer and with no AC and only AM radio it was not a fun ride to the beach.

But a Miata really, My old plymouth when I did drag it I was able to beat a brand new corvette off the line. I also owned a 1967 Firebird with a 400ci engine that was insanely fact. Heck I dont think a Miata can even out handle a Caddie ATS.

It is a pretty car. Very small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 11:50 AM

2,116 posts, read 3,020,971 times
Love this thread! Keep it moving. Some good debates, some education for the less-informed, and lots of fun hearing opinions on cars.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:57 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,404,961 times
In general German High End cars are the ones I like. I actually dont like Japanese cars.

Fasted car I think I was in was a restored 1969 Buck GS 455 Stage 1 which had a factory 0 to 60 mph time - 5.5 second
I was a passenger in one that guy floored to show off at 3am on an empty road and gravity had me back in the bucket all the way till odometer hit 140 where it stopped and car just kept going till at somewhere around 150 plus he had to slow down as road was ending in one mile.

Are you putting a Mitata in that class of car? I mean it handles great.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,186,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
In general German High End cars are the ones I like. I actually dont like Japanese cars.

Fasted car I think I was in was a restored 1969 Buck GS 455 Stage 1 which had a factory 0 to 60 mph time - 5.5 second
I was a passenger in one that guy floored to show off at 3am on an empty road and gravity had me back in the bucket all the way till odometer hit 140 where it stopped and car just kept going till at somewhere around 150 plus he had to slow down as road was ending in one mile.

I'm putting the Miata in the SPORTS CAR class, where it belongs. it's a traditional 2 seat lightweight sports car designed for road racing and the like. Not ****ing drag racing against old musclecars (which sucked at going around cornrs and weren't really as quick as most people make them out to be... I've had a number of them).

Old 12-18-2014, 12:07 PM

16,826 posts, read 14,969,207 times
Quote:
I dated a girl who owned a Miita. I once had to drive it on Long Island Expressway home from Manhattan at 3am with massive trucks all around top down. I found it under powered and felt like a death trap.

It is a pretty car. Very small.

I remember in my early college years, I was dating a girl who drove one. She took me out to lunch one day in her Miata, and likewise, I was scared to death once we got to driving alongside huge semi-trucks and the like. Holy cow!!! LOL

On a side note, I have a friend who owns a MazdaSpeed Miata; the turbo 6-speed one. It is LOADS of fun to drive, particularly for its acceleration and terrific handling.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:37 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,093,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
WRX STis are world champion rally racing cars. A lot of guys are fans of the cars for that reason, but I wouldn't expect the completely ignorant non-enthsuiasts on this site to understand that.

This one is essentially the same as my son's modified, 400 hp STi:

A very fun car, very quick, with excellent handling.
Subaru hasnt been in the WRC for years, and the Pastrana pic isnt even WRC. And they werent really STi anymore, built by ProDrive. But anyways, I understand their appeal to WRC fans. In fact, one of the reasons I bought my Focus was because I was a huge fan of McRae (even in his Subaru days). But it was his days with Ford that really captivated me, and I dont know why. lol Images of him and Grist flying through the ice and snow in Rally Finland reeled me in.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:18 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,798,876 times
Quote:

I had a '69 Chevelle SS 396 way back when as my first car with some buffed up cams and other upgrades and while not outputting quite as much horsepower and torque as the 455, man that thing was a rocket!- almost scary to handle. The reason why the driver of that Buick GS was slowing down with a mile of road to go was that the brakes (at least in my experience) were most definitely not up to the level of the engine

Old 12-18-2014, 01:19 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,388,522 times
1. Toyota
2. Honda
3. Subaru

1. Chrysler
2. GM
3. Kia/Ford

Old 12-18-2014, 02:51 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,501,051 times
Is it weird that I don't love any of them? There are certain brands I'd never buy....don't know if I'd say I hate them.

For me it's not all about the brand. It's all about what I can get in a vehicle and the price. Most vehicles out there can't do what I need so that narrows the pool dramatically. Really thought I'd go back to Chevy with my new vehicle, but I didn't. I was very surprised that I stuck with Dodge.....but I loooooooooove my Durango Citadel!

Old 12-18-2014, 05:48 PM

250 posts, read 1,114,857 times
Top 3
1. GM
2. Ford
3. Dodge

Bottom 3
1. GM
2. Ford
3. Dodge

The top 3 are trucks, the bottom 3 are cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive