Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 02:08 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,562,983 times

Advertisements

Yep. I have Camry with Start button - and I LOVE it. Have fob hanging on lanyard off my neck, no way to get lost.
What's wrong with Highlander Hybrid? Very decent car and very good mpg. THAT should really count in your case, when petrol prices will go sky high again. And you can always pull the green card in conversations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 02:09 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Well, you have plenty of very quality made Lexi to choose from. Luxury enough, looks enough. I'd stay away from Infinity brand. Or any GM or Ford products.
Otherwise, you destined to go Mercedes or Rovers. BMW and Audi is cool, but not real estate agent presentable, they are more for Microsoft type folks.
So what exactly do you qualify as real estate presentable? And what's wrong with Microsoft? 😜

Old 01-26-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
I would absolutely love me a Range Rover!! The new ones are just gorgeous. But talk about unreliable. I'm not sure I want to lease again, and I'm not buying a Rover I can't depend on. No matter how pretty it is.

This is what I mean that the vehicles that appeal to me just keep disappointing. Ugh.

No one has mentioned caddies....interesting.

Because I mentioned to NOT buy GM products? Caddies included? Esp that odious creation Escalade.
Yukk... You wanna look like a rap star or gangsta, sure...

Look, what you need to do is to make 2 decisions.
1. do I buy car for my pleasure - or for business/customers?
2. if I were to buy car for customers, what are my customers considering a representative automobile?

Then again, they greet you buy appearances but farewell you by your wits.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:14 PM

I need to retest drive the highlander again. It didn't wow me when I saw it the auto show last week. I spent hours looking at every car I was interested, and some I didn't think I would be...sitting in the drivers seat, passenger seat, behind the driver with the seat where I would have it driving, checking out the seats in the 3rd rows, how accessible the 3rd was, how easy it was to put the seats down and up, you name it. Iove the auto show and we go every year. I usually am able to come away with a favorite. I couldn't really lit my finger on one this year though.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:16 PM

Yeah, escalade has NEVER been on my list. �� you have me thinking about the highlander hybrid. Not one I would have considered reply before...but you make interesting points.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
So what exactly do you qualify as real estate presentable? And what's wrong with Microsoft? 😜

Nothing wrong. Simply different. Different type of money, different type of cars. Different mentality. Middle class and lower luxury class is Mercedes. Doctors, insurance agents, half way successful businesses. Audi and Bimmer is too sporty.
Hey, there's Tesla SUV coming. THAT will not only be PRETTY but, also, will cut it to practically any category you looking at. Including Microsoft crowd.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah, escalade has NEVER been on my list. �� you have me thinking about the highlander hybrid. Not one I would have considered reply before...but you make interesting points.

Because I am old, wise, and eccentric? Not following the crowd? HH is a VERY practical vehicle and quite well made. I am not big on looks, but they quite refurbished the appearances as of late. And as I own a hybrid Camry, you'll love the HSD. It's unbelievably smooth. And you can't break it, has no clutches, friction plates, and such. Rear diff is electrical too. VERY torqui. Just find one made in Japan, if it exists.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:34 PM

Ooohhhh a tesla suv would be sweet!!

Old 01-26-2015, 02:46 PM

Went and looked up the new tesla suv...that's a sweet looking car! Wonder when it hits the market. Says early 2015. Wonder how much flack my husband would get if I got a truly electric vehicle since he's in the gas/oil industry here in houston!! 😳😝

Old 01-26-2015, 03:16 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,159,064 times
Quote:
I would absolutely love me a Range Rover!! The new ones are just gorgeous. But talk about unreliable. I'm not sure I want to lease again, and I'm not buying a Rover I can't depend on. No matter how pretty it is.

This is what I mean that the vehicles that appeal to me just keep disappointing. Ugh.

No one has mentioned caddies....interesting.
General perception:
- If you want to break into the luxury (highly sophisticated professional) image stratosphere, the true luxury vehicles are all European with Tesla bringing a distinct flavor.
- The rest of "luxury vehicles" are part of "wanna be" crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive