Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 03:22 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times

Advertisements

No, never with it and one should take high road. Crazy people out there and you never know what they will do, it could be deadly.

It's no big deal, ignore and drive off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 03:38 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
If you have "COMMON SINCE" then you don't even have to ask this question, you already know the answer !!

Sense when...?

Old 02-01-2015, 04:16 PM

468 posts, read 582,957 times
Default Why did the person flip the other person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post
If a dude drives by and flips you off and insults you with racial slurs, and you react by retaliating(in a harmless way), what would happen?

Is it a good idea? Why or why not?

My first question what did you(not you personally) to get that reaction? You ticked someone off, you may not have been aware of it, say sorry. I have gotten that reaction before and I knew I did wrong, I mouthed sorry and the person moved on. As for the racial slur? oh, come on get a thick skin.
What is the difference if someone called you a moron or a camel jockey moron, none, you are still a moron. This "racial sensitivity" is stale. Nobody is special because they have been put into a category of the human race.
Don't be a road hog. Don't be a self appointed cop. Don't text and drive. Be considerate and courteous and nobody will flip you off. And if that don't grab ya, this will: There is always someone bigger and better and if you engage them you might be in for a rude shock.
A polite society is a safe society.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:31 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,247,648 times
There are sometimes that an event happens that is blown out of proportion by the other person, they in turn get the road rage syndrome, act like an idiot and get put into their place.

Years ago, when driving through Illinois, going through an intersection where the right lane ends, a guy came flying up on the right and left me with a split second decision to slam on the brakes and possibly get rear ended, honk the horn and hope he could stop, or go into the oncoming lane. I chose honking the horn and slowly applying the brakes and yes, he was able to stop, but not before going off onto the shoulder.

I say I honked, I did not lay on it. I did no other gestures, one reason was I had a cast from my shoulder down to my wrist on my left arm so, I was holding the wheel with my right hand.

I actually dismissed it in a mile or two, but he didn't. At a traffic light, about four miles down the road, he is suddenly behind me and he jumps out of his car and runs over to my driver side door and starts banging on the window, telling me how he was going to drag me out of the car and "kill" me. (Key phrase is he was going to KILL me.)

I opened the window halfway, noted to him my cast by swinging my arm up as high as it could go, which appeared to make him angrier. He started to jump up and down like his shoes were on fire. Then I politely stated, look at my right hand; you **** moron. He did, and noted a Sig Sauer pointed at his face; I'm sure he didn't know the manufacturer, but he sure knew what it was and what its purpose was.

Took a few seconds for it to register, but when it did, his attitude changed. He ran back to his car; not sure if he was going to get his own gun, but what he did was get the heck out of the area as fast as possible. He left so quickly I could not get a license number. However, I pushed the Onstar button and had the police dispatched. When the police arrive, I identified myself, gave a complete description of the vehicle, explained the situation and they took the report. Knowing the chances of finding him were pretty slim, that is, until he did it to someone else, and he sent someone to the hospital or someone sent him to the hospital.

The problem with road rage incidents is you do not know what the other person is going to do, in fact, in most cases even if you start the confrontation, do you know what you are going to do? People do a lot of things they normally would not do, when their temper heats up.

So no, it is not a good ideal to retaliate or to instigate a road rage incident; regardless that it is against the law in every state. And it can end very badly for both of you!

Old 02-01-2015, 07:02 PM

419 posts, read 625,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
There are sometimes that an event happens that is blown out of proportion by the other person, they in turn get the road rage syndrome, act like an idiot and get put into their place.

Years ago, when driving through Illinois, going through an intersection where the right lane ends, a guy came flying up on the right and left me with a split second decision to slam on the brakes and possibly get rear ended, honk the horn and hope he could stop, or go into the oncoming lane. I chose honking the horn and slowly applying the brakes and yes, he was able to stop, but not before going off onto the shoulder.

I say I honked, I did not lay on it. I did no other gestures, one reason was I had a cast from my shoulder down to my wrist on my left arm so, I was holding the wheel with my right hand.

I actually dismissed it in a mile or two, but he didn't. At a traffic light, about four miles down the road, he is suddenly behind me and he jumps out of his car and runs over to my driver side door and starts banging on the window, telling me how he was going to drag me out of the car and "kill" me. (Key phrase is he was going to KILL me.)

I opened the window halfway, noted to him my cast by swinging my arm up as high as it could go, which appeared to make him angrier. He started to jump up and down like his shoes were on fire. Then I politely stated, look at my right hand; you **** moron. He did, and noted a Sig Sauer pointed at his face; I'm sure he didn't know the manufacturer, but he sure knew what it was and what its purpose was.

Took a few seconds for it to register, but when it did, his attitude changed. He ran back to his car; not sure if he was going to get his own gun, but what he did was get the heck out of the area as fast as possible. He left so quickly I could not get a license number. However, I pushed the Onstar button and had the police dispatched. When the police arrive, I identified myself, gave a complete description of the vehicle, explained the situation and they took the report. Knowing the chances of finding him were pretty slim, that is, until he did it to someone else, and he sent someone to the hospital or someone sent him to the hospital.

The problem with road rage incidents is you do not know what the other person is going to do, in fact, in most cases even if you start the confrontation, do you know what you are going to do? People do a lot of things they normally would not do, when their temper heats up.

So no, it is not a good ideal to retaliate or to instigate a road rage incident; regardless that it is against the law in every state. And it can end very badly for both of you!
rock n roll, best story ever...

Old 02-02-2015, 06:21 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
If a dude drives by and flips you off and insults you with racial slurs, and you react by retaliating(in a harmless way), what would happen?

Is it a good idea? Why or why not?
You are better in your life not having any contact with a person like that. Just laugh at them, but don't make eye contact.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:32 PM

305 posts, read 724,057 times
I had two incidents. One when I was about 15-16, and the other when I was about 18.

When my mom was taking me to school, she tried to squeeze into a turning lane and the white SUV honked his horn. He then passed by and flicked us off. My mom just drove along like nothing happened. I was furious at her for not doing anything about it, and letting the ******* get away with it.

My dad had a similar incident, except a kid who looked like he was 9 or 10 bumped into his car and rode by and flicked him off. Dad was the same thing. He didnt even chase the kid, nab him, and made him call his parents, or even made attempts to sue them for damages to his car. If it was me, I'd teach the kid what would happen if he disrespected me.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
I had two incidents. One when I was about 15-16, and the other when I was about 18.

When my mom was taking me to school, she tried to squeeze into a turning lane and the white SUV honked his horn. He then passed by and flicked us off. My mom just drove along like nothing happened. I was furious at her for not doing anything about it, and letting the ******* get away with it.

My dad had a similar incident, except a kid who looked like he was 9 or 10 bumped into his car and rode by and flicked him off. Dad was the same thing. He didnt even chase the kid, nab him, and made him call his parents, or even made attempts to sue them for damages to his car. If it was me, I'd teach the kid what would happen if he disrespected me.
Good for you.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:48 AM

804 posts, read 1,075,406 times
I just let them go around. if they want to tail gate and try more I just let off the gas and let the car slow down even on the freeway.

The people on here who say they have gotten out of your car and went up to the other persons cars must not live in the south. Come to texas and try that. We can carry a gun in our car without a chl. I always have a gun in my car ready for morons.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:02 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,163,017 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CceSRMmhv3w

Last edited by 28173; 02-05-2015 at 12:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive