Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:52 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,381,799 times

Advertisements

I'd go CTS, but I agree with those saying sedan over coupe. I don't particularly care for the high beltline on the coupe. ATS is another good choice.

The big knock on the Maxima is the CVT, otherwise I generally like the car even though it is getting long in the tooth. I've driven a '14 Altima and just don't like the drone of Nissan's CVT. CVT's are for hybrids, not sport sedans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 07:29 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Boy, how times change.
Comparing a Cadillac with Nissan?
Damm, wasn't that many years ago, only competition for a Cadillac, was Lincoln, and perhaps Rolls Royce.
Comparing Cadillac to anything which could be considered substandard, sure isn't saying much for the Cadillac brand.

Bob.
No one said it was an apples to apples comparison. It was just the two cars the OP asked about

Nice try..

Old 02-05-2015, 10:17 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,211 times
CTS for sure!
Although the Maxima is nice..The CTS is more luxurious and will turn more heads. Or you can wait until the 16' Maxima comes out that will turn a lot of heads too.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:24 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
I'd go CTS, but I agree with those saying sedan over coupe. I don't particularly care for the high beltline on the coupe. ATS is another good choice.

The big knock on the Maxima is the CVT, otherwise I generally like the car even though it is getting long in the tooth. I've driven a '14 Altima and just don't like the drone of Nissan's CVT. CVT's are for hybrids, not sport sedans.
The CVT actually does extremely well in their V6 models. Major difference between the Maxima CVT and the 4-cyl Altima CVT.

That said, I'd pick the Maxima over a CTS. It's just a more well-polished vehicle overall, and Maximas seem to age better in general than most GM products.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:52 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,382,704 times
Both vehicles are pretty bland, but I do not care for the styling on the CTS coupe. I would agree with a CTS sedan as being comparable to the Maxima, though the driving feel is completely different between a RWD Cadillac and the FWD with CVT Nissan. I'd recommend getting whichever vehicle that you prefer when you test drive it, and go on a long test drive on as many different roads as you would normally drive, to see which blend of performance, handling, and comfort that you prefer. The reliability ratings are similar on both vehicles, so that would not tip the balance in favor of one over the other.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 02-06-2015, 03:21 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,816,732 times
The CTS coupe is a monstrosity, judging by your coupe/sedan delimma, as well as a choice between either an ugly appearance, or ugly drivtrain- get a cts sedan or wagon.l, both larger trunks than the Maxima. I just can't understand those two car choices.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:37 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,065,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
The CTS coupe is a monstrosity, judging by your coupe/sedan delimma, as well as a choice between either an ugly appearance, or ugly drivtrain- get a cts sedan or wagon.l, both larger trunks than the Maxima. I just can't understand those two car choices.
I've got a soft spot in my heart for a CTS-V Wagon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive