Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 11:47 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,230,247 times

Advertisements

I can't see how removing the top could suddenly make the 200 attractive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 08:42 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,246,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
The Nissan Versa. I had one as a rental recently and it looked, felt, and drove cheap. Uncommunicative steering, sluggish acceleration, thrashy/buzzy engine, uncomfortable seats, cheap switchgear, and harsh suspension. There are a lot better options out there for entry-level subcompacts.
I was at an auto show soon after the Versa was introduced, and compared to the Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris the Versa had very poor build quality. This auto show car had trim pieces hanging off of it, it was that bad.

Many other cars mentioned here are no longer being made, like the HHR. And regarding Chrysler and Fiat, it seems like the company is making huge improvements -- just as Hyundai and Kia have done over the last five years or so.

So, some cars that were POS a few years ago may be much improved for 2015. But there are some I would avoid unless they were heavily discounted.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:27 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,280,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Any comments about Chrysler 200 in the convertible model???
It's not being made anymore.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:29 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,375,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
It's not being made anymore.

How about the convertibles that are on the road now?

Old 02-24-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
How about the convertibles that are on the road now?
The thread is about new cars. You want to talk used models, start a thread on it.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:53 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,995,776 times
Quote:
Any comments about Chrysler 200 in the convertible model???
It is a decent car. Not particularly great or noteworthy but I would not chalk it up as "bad" in context of being horrible The 200 probably is far more desirable than the Sebring which preceded it since Fiat replaced the awful Sebring interior with some decent looking materials.

For the right price, it would be ok, but there are better drop tops around too.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
The problem is there are few inexpensive, convertible cruisers around for people who simply want that top down drive though the country, and don't need a real sports car or want a high end luxury car. The new Buick is going to kind of fill that slot, but it might be a bit expensive, even yet.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:41 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,995,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
The problem is there are few inexpensive, convertible cruisers around for people who simply want that top down drive though the country, and don't need a real sports car or want a high end luxury car. The new Buick is going to kind of fill that slot, but it might be a bit expensive, even yet.
Very true. The Sebring/200 sort of came to dominate the class with the Solara and G6 drop tops leaving the marketplace a few years back. There is the Eos, but it is a little smaller and may not have the same appeal.

Really, about the best competition would have been (and still is) the convertible pony cars in V6 trim. I think in particular the base V6 Mustang convertible makes for a fairly decent cruiser. However, it is still a pony car at heart, and will drive a little different too.

It will be interesting to see where the Buick prices out. I suspect it will have a little bit of a premium price to it, to maybe position it as a slightly more affordable competitor to something like the Volvo C70.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
It is a decent car. Not particularly great or noteworthy but I would not chalk it up as "bad" in context of being horrible The 200 probably is far more desirable than the Sebring which preceded it since Fiat replaced the awful Sebring interior with some decent looking materials.

There are very few convertibles that will hold 4 full-grown adults. I had some 2 seat roadsters in my younger days, but we are getting much too old for them. Anything sports car low is too much of a chore to get in and out. We only run one car now so carrying capacity is imperative.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:55 PM

VW makes a Jetta convertible but not for the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive