Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 11:07 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times

Advertisements

I just give them the 1 finger wave and keep on driving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 11:08 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
I have road rage, and bad driving is something that I'm trying not to allow bother me so much. How do you keep yourself from getting pissed off when someone cuts you off or when someone is tailgating you?
Everyone needs to immediately take their ego out of driving.
It would make the roads so much safer.
A car is not a channel for your testosterone.
Stop taking things so personally.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:30 AM

792 posts, read 2,324,532 times
I haven't read all 11 pages of this thread, so someone else has probably said this already, but here it is: one of the reasons I hang a rosary on my rear view window is precisely to deal with this problem. When I feel an urge to curse or flip off other drivers, I see Christ on the cross and it helps me calm down and keep things in the proper perspective.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:43 PM

231 posts, read 390,822 times
I used to get ticked off on a daily basis. Heck, I live in Southern California and drive the 101, the 405, the 10, the 210, etc.

I truly do not let other drivers phase anymore. I try to remember that I have been 'that' driver in the past. In my 20's I was aggressive and inconsiderate. I do not lose my patience any longer with the Mercury, Buick or Toyota Avalon being driven by the 80-something year old going 50 in the fast lane with their left turn signal on for the past 20 miles because I hope that whoever is driving behind my Dad will have the same patience.

I guess that eventually when see yourself in others, you really can't get upset knowing that you too have committed all of these traffic sins at one point in your life.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:44 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
I keep in mind the fact that I have a destination and getting into a fight on the side of the road will lead to nothing good. The other driver is always going to be an arse. There is no reason for you to ruin your day/morning/afternoon/weekend being bothered by it. The other driver goes on with his/her life and doesn't think twice about it. Why should I continue to stew on an inconsiderate driver who will likely never cross my path again?

Old 02-14-2015, 01:22 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times
I just had another f-head blow by me on the shoulder of a small street!...It's beyond the point of just 'ignoring' them and instead being vigilant for my safety.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:15 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Everyone needs to immediately take their ego out of driving.
It would make the roads so much safer.
A car is not a channel for your testosterone.
Stop taking things so personally.
The car commericals on tv don't help...

Old 02-14-2015, 08:13 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
I just wish people would use turn signals. And driving 15 in a 40, is NOT safer.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:23 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
I have road rage, and bad driving is something that I'm trying not to allow bother me so much. How do you keep yourself from getting pissed off when someone cuts you off or when someone is tailgating you?
Sorry, that you allow others to control your feelings, esp when driving. It must be a horrible way to live, as driving is something we all must do pretty much daily. I can suggest finding some of your favorite music and cranking it up really LOUD...and getting into that so that you do not see the other 'crap' going on around you. You can still drive well, it's just the music makes you focus on something you CAN control and not the craziness of others and how they drive.
As a retired medical professional, I can tell you it's a short 'ride' for you to a heart attack or stroke...or death via road rage. Try something new?!

Old 02-14-2015, 10:21 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Easy,
think that the guy pissing you off might be on his way to k:ll somebody = Just let him go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive