Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:00 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,562 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I get mad at bad drivers, too. I try not to let it get to me. I will try to relax more once I start driving. Play more relaxing music, and lots of deep breaths. Keep a safe distance from other drivers. If someone cuts it close just slow down & take a deep breath...and above all else avoid hand gestures or anything that could upset the bad driver even more - you never know what they might do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,911 times
I smile at them and wave.. That REALLY pisses them off!! Try it!

Also I would like to have a loud horn installed in the rear of the car... for tailgaters..

Last edited by Seafood Junky; 02-17-2015 at 09:34 AM..

Old 02-17-2015, 09:04 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I lived in Boston in my late 20s.. need I say more?
Road rage crept into me, I must admit....

Now, that my attitude has completely changed ..I never have any incidents, for decades now
...I create peace around me...think that is nuts...well, factoid, newsflash for some...
we create the whole world we see.
Been getting reps on this post...so to help road ragers... hope this helps..
it does me.... xxoo

You are the only one who creates in your experience—no one else.
Everything that comes to you comes by the power of your thought.

---Abraham-Hicks

Old 02-17-2015, 09:08 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Well I do not run into many who are deliberately driving in an unsafe fashion. Most tends to be distracted or decide poorly in difficult situations- do I brake on the yellow when too near the line or proceed through type of situations.

Had an aggressive person the other day deliberately driving fast in/out, cutting people off, etc. Large SUV of course. Obviously late for something.

I notice if I am not rushed heading anywhere then the small issues which occur are no bother. Moral of the story is to allow plenty of time for transit to have a stress free drive.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:13 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
Nope, I never said that I was an aggressive driver. Unless you and I have different definitions of aggressive driving of course. If you're saying that when a person cuts me off, and I go out of my way to cut them off, then I'm an aggressive driver, then I guess by your definition I'm an aggressive driver. I personally disagree with you, because I generally don't go around driving like a jackass.

In regards to "teaching them a lesson", that's not my goal. My goal is to relieve tension and make myself feel better. When I cut them off and they give me the one finger waive, I know that I've won because I've gotten under their skin and therefore have gotten the last laugh. I have to get it out so it doesn't build up, it's not healthy to allow things to fester.

And I'm not "prone to rage". If I were, that guy yesterday at the Chinese food restaurant would have been dragged out of the restaurant by his throat or any article of his clothing that I could get a firm hold on and gotten his teeth kicked in. But I didn't do that, we spoke as men and he apologized I was proud of myself for not losing it, because it definitely could have been handled a different way.

And I didn't even tell you about the bullet proof vest. In today's world, you can never be too sure.
Yep, you're an aggressive driver. First off, someone who cuts you off may not be doing it intentionally. They could have simply not been paying attention. Nothing personal. Second, you intentionally speed up so you can intentionally cut them off for cutting you off is a conscience decision to engage in reckless driving. You are an aggressive driver.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:46 AM

340 posts, read 645,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
By reading stuff like this. Unless you happen to be the road rager with the gun, of course.

"All Life Matters": Oakland Police Arrest Suspect in Road Rage Killing of Perla Avina | NBC Bay Area

Woman shot during road-rage incident dies at UMC | Las Vegas Review-Journal

We live in a nation where you have real fear that the a-hole driving irresponsibly next to you might just pick up a gun and start unloading rounds into your window. So it's best not to even go there.
^ That. Getting frustrated on the road means you have lost perspective. Seeing headlines like the aforementioned ones (and the dozens or hundreds of others that come out weekly) helps bring back perspective. We tend to get lost in our own little world when driving, thinking that we are invincible when encapsulated in our vehicle. We forget that the other driver also has a 2-ton (or more) machine that they can wield at us, in addition to whatever weapon they may have stashed in said vehicle.

As a driver, keep perspective so that you can make it home to your family (or dog or whatever) at the end of the day.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Well I do not run into many who are deliberately driving in an unsafe fashion. Most tends to be distracted or decide poorly in difficult situations- do I brake on the yellow when too near the line or proceed through type of situations.

Had an aggressive person the other day deliberately driving fast in/out, cutting people off, etc. Large SUV of course. Obviously late for something.

I notice if I am not rushed heading anywhere then the small issues which occur are no bother. Moral of the story is to allow plenty of time for transit to have a stress free drive.

I hope you do not run into any of them....

Old 02-17-2015, 11:28 AM

267 posts, read 303,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Been getting reps on this post...so to help road ragers... hope this helps..
it does me.... xxoo

You are the only one who creates in your experience—no one else.
Everything that comes to you comes by the power of your thought.

---Abraham-Hicks
That's a nice sentiment, but it's not entirely true. You do have control over how you respond, but in the real world, people are going to do things to **** others off. If living in your little imaginary bubble makes you people feel better, then do what you have to do.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:33 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
That's a nice sentiment, but it's not entirely true. You do have control over how you respond, but in the real world, people are going to do things to **** others off. If living in your little imaginary bubble makes you people feel better, then do what you have to do.
Ah, you have not discovered your power. One day you will and that will
be a great and fun day!

(No need to be insulting, bad form.)

Old 02-17-2015, 12:21 PM

I created a saying years ago: "You write your own prescription."

Feel free to use it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive