Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 01:01 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times

Advertisements

We actually did like to show that we bought our MINI from the local MINI dealer, as they treated us right and they also put on MINI events where a lot of the owners would get together and go on driving tours together starting at the dealership (where they would have food for us) and ending at the local AAA Baseball field, where we'd have a dealer supplied skybox with food at it).

We liked the dealer so much that my wife now works for them as a MINI Genius (no actual sales, just showing/explaining the cars and options to potential customers, then delivering the cars after the sale).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 01:08 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
No free advertizing. I have no stickers, plate frames or dealer anything. I remove them as soon as I own the vehicle.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Not seen badges or stickers in a long time. Just plate frames. Sometimes I change the frame but not because I don’t want to do free advertising. I don’t care.
same with me, i just dont care.

[/quote] And what is a swag?[/quote]

Scientific Wild Assed Guess

Old 02-17-2015, 01:23 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Quote:
And what is a swag?
Scientific Wild Assed Guess
In the marketing industry, it's Stuff We All Get. Branded stuff used as promotional items, either given away at events or available for purchase. In this case, license plate frames and emblems on the cars. But it oculd include hats and tee shirts, as well.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:59 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,873,209 times
Dealer stickers, plaques, and license frames certainly are prolific down here in Texas, but I do see them from other places. I usually remove them shortly after we get the car home as the names are usually already on the car if you buy it from inventory. I did leave the name sticker on our last new vehicle though as they were pretty nice to us and it does not look bad, but I did pull the cheap plastic frames off - they put both on it!

What really hits me as lazy, are the people that buy a used car from a different make dealer and don't remove the stickers and frames. It just lets everyone know you bought your used Lexus from "Local Chevrolet" or BMW from "Hometown Ford" and not the Lexus or BMW dealer. LOL!

Old 02-17-2015, 02:26 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Yep, it's one of the things I take off first. Many people will drive with the dealer ad in the license plate area (not frame, but actual license plate area) with temp tags on window. I take all dealer stuff off my car. Luckily many times it is a small sticker that easily peels off.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:31 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Some people just need something to be uptight about and in control of I guess.

Others, don't waste the energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbstang View Post
What really hits me as lazy, are the people that buy a used car from a different make dealer and don't remove the stickers and frames. It just lets everyone know you bought your used Lexus from "Local Chevrolet" or BMW from "Hometown Ford" and not the Lexus or BMW dealer. LOL!
I understand this is a big deal for some people. But why? What's there to LOL, about? I understand the obvious perks of a CPO car that can only be given by the dealer of that particular manufacturer but it goes beyond that, right? Some people just can't wrap their head around the idea that a KIA dealer can sell you a Ferrari, a Freighthauler, or a Unimog if they want. It doesn't "lessen" that vehicle. Any dealer can buy or trade in anything to resell.

Who cares.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:46 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolitanTN View Post
I hate stickers on cars from dealers. I remove mine. I also don't like plate frames.
+1.......I've taken factory stickers/emblems off brand new cars because I thought they looked "clunky/tacky!"

Old 02-17-2015, 04:05 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,233,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Any dealer can buy or trade in anything to resell.

Who cares.
I had a similar thought. I think I've only managed to buy a car at its branded dealership twice. lol
Otherwise, its a Suzuki at Ford, or Ford at Chevy...

Old 02-17-2015, 04:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I wander why Op cares; really. I could careless about it one way or the other. I also keep the manufacture badging; Op remove those or is he getting paid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive