Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 09:33 PM

922 posts, read 1,148,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
What do you care? Leasing is all about payment and term. Pick whatever payment you're comfortable with, and if you get it, who cares how they got there?

And the point still stands that you do not need to come up with any money out of pocket at all to do a lease.

I don't. But you are making it sound like lenders will magically waive the drive off fee when they are just adding it on to the payments. But most banks will not do this, even if you have great credit. VW sometimes offers "sign and drive" but that's rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I do not think you are playing the leasing game correctly.
What game? Every lease contract specifically states higher insurance requirements.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:51 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,762,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
I don't. But you are making it sound like lenders will magically waive the drive off fee when they are just adding it on to the payments. But most banks will not do this, even if you have great credit. VW sometimes offers "sign and drive" but that's rare.

In my experience, if you have above a 700 or so, banks are fine waiving / deferring any and all fees. But you miss the point. Pick a number for payment and term. Find a dealership that can meet your terms. Who cares about the fees and what happened to them? If you got what you wanted for payment and duration, what does it matter how they got there? That's the best part about leasing if you get to return the car at the end. All that matters is making sure you have the possible lease payment during that term.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
What game? Every lease contract specifically states higher insurance requirements.
Not every lease contract does, and those minimum requirements aren't necessarily "higher." For me, they would actually be lower than what I maintain anyway. But if your general insurance limits are so low that those requirements are a drastic increase in cost, then you should reevaluate your insurance anyway.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Not every lease contract does, and those minimum requirements aren't necessarily "higher." For me, they would actually be lower than what I maintain anyway. But if your general insurance limits are so low that those requirements are a drastic increase in cost, then you should reevaluate your insurance anyway.
It doesn't matter what you carry. The point is that majority of lessors contractually require the lessee to carry a higher limit than if they were financing.

The state minimum in some states is as low as 15/30/5. 100/300/50 would obviously mean higher premiums which was my point. The rest is irrelevant.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:23 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter what you carry. The point is that majority of lessors contractually require the lessee to carry a higher limit than if they were financing.

The state minimum in some states is as low as 15/30/5. 100/300/50 would obviously mean higher premiums which was my point. The rest is irrelevant.
I'm not sure why you would carry the absolute minimum on a new car anyway.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not sure why you would carry the absolute minimum on a new car anyway.
If you have a large cash reserve, 100k/300k/50k coverage isn't necessary. When's the last time you needed that much coverage? Probably never. It's just not worth the extra $1000 to me. Wouldn't even carry insurance if it weren't illegal.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
If you have a large cash reserve, 100k/300k/50k coverage isn't necessary. When's the last time you needed that much coverage? Probably never. It's just not worth the extra $1000 to me. Wouldn't even carry insurance if it weren't illegal.
Driving home the other night, I passed or was passed by no less than 20 cars that all cost well over $100,000. I prefer to maintain high limits in case some moron in a brand-new S600 has an accident with me.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Driving home the other night, I passed or was passed by no less than 20 cars that all cost well over $100,000. I prefer to maintain high limits in case some moron in a brand-new S600 has an accident with me.

They're gonna have to prove that I was at-fault which would be difficult since I drive defensively and have a dash cam.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:00 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
We are all impressed with your wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive