Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 08:29 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I guess that's too bad then. You could petition the city to change the times.

Considering they can't keep the lights from flashing all week during Spring Break, and on Saturdays during Christmas break, I doubt they'd give much priority to turning the lights off at a more reasonable hour on the days school is actually in session.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 05:07 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Considering they can't keep the lights from flashing all week during Spring Break, and on Saturdays during Christmas break, I doubt they'd give much priority to turning the lights off at a more reasonable hour on the days school is actually in session.
So, the only solution is to whine about it here?

Old 03-30-2015, 06:52 AM

7 posts, read 7,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
I don't remember even seeing the lights flashing, but at 428 they couldnt have been. I'll see the city in court, though, because I aint accepting this bogus ticket without a huge fight.

Exact same thing happend to me in a school zone. Due to a SEPTA (transp) strike nobody was out there but me and the cop, and I got a ticket. Even if you pay here you have to go to court. The judge decides who he is going to let off and who not. He asked for my story and interrupted me saying, 'I understand I've done the same thing, but you were wrong anyway, goodbye, see the baliff." @@ Usually I'd say I had to take a day off from work for this? but I knew better than to argue

Old 03-30-2015, 06:57 AM

7 posts, read 7,183 times
Oh I forgot to add a cop stopped me near tha same school a year later and my temper got the best of me this time. I said , "are you serious I am going slowly I paid a $122 ticket in this area already. He went back to his car checked and came back. "Yes I see you paid a ticket aroundher please go slower." whew.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:51 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy66 View Post
Oh I forgot to add a cop stopped me near tha same school a year later and my temper got the best of me this time. I said , "are you serious I am going slowly I paid a $122 ticket in this area already. He went back to his car checked and came back. "Yes I see you paid a ticket aroundher please go slower." whew.
So you're saying that the first ticket didn't teach you anything?

Old 03-30-2015, 02:00 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
So you're saying that the first ticket didn't teach you anything?
No, she said she was already going slowly. Just not slowly enough for the LEO.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:23 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
No, she said she was already going slowly. Just not slowly enough for the LEO.
Slowly enough for the LEO, or slowly enough for the speed limit?

Old 03-30-2015, 03:26 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,972,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
Just went and checked. They have a speed limit sign with 35 and then literally right after that they have a "school zone sign" till 4:45 (where you literally have to stare at the sign to see what it says!!! I'm sorry, but do high schools now have night sessions?? In my wildest dreams I never would have thought that going 27 at around 4:30 on a major road with no pedestrians around would give me at ticket. When I went out to check I noticed that the "speed of traffic" was around 30 mph right around that school zone, so if anything, I was going below the speed of traffic when I hit the school zone. 17 f'ing minutes later and I would have been clear. It's so ridiculous and quite frankly, criminal. And its not even like a police officer stopped me, it was a f'ing camera. City spends all that money on cameras while the real criminals run wild. Again, great job Mr. Mayor, you "got" me.
No, but there are a lot of after school clubs and sports that students attend after school hours and are let out at various times, so I can see the "School Zone" ting extended well up to 6:00 potentially. I see your side of it, but it's a school zone even past the normal hours of a school day for that reason, after school sports and clubs.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:22 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,021,495 times
Camera tickets where I live carry no points. That's all I care about.
Suck it up......pay the money, and move on....

AND know the camera locations and rules where you travel!
I tend to speed, and knowing that...I KNOW when the cameras are set for school hours....It's public information. AND I know how many miles over the limit they're programmed for before you get a ticket...AND I don't trust the cameras to be calibrated correctly so I slow down to below the 12 miles over the limit they give you, AND would trust the cameras to no go over outside school hours.

And any time a new camera is posted, our local newspaper writes about it, and posted the information. If you know you tend to speed it's on you to know the laws that could get you caught. And all the sports where cops can sit. They sit in the same places for generations it's not like all this is anything new. I pass cops sitting in the same medians where cops have been sitting for the past 40 years! I drive right by thinking to myself...exactly that..."you guys have been siting in this spot forever. Three generations of cops must have been training by now, and your still sitting in the same old places."

Old 08-10-2015, 09:30 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
So whatever became of this ticket?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive