Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:49 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem20 View Post
Purchased a vehicle about 9 days ago. Traded in my car and they gave me 12,500 for it. I purchased my new car. Signed the forms , insured the car and the vehicle is registered. 4 days after the credit union funds the dealership and the dealership paid the trade in off. The day after that the trade in goes to the shop and now they want more money because the trade has after market stuff on it and to get it back to stock and put new rubber and brakes on it. The cost would be more to get it to sell. So now they want to unwind the deal and have it restructured to giving me 8500 for my trade.

So the deal is funded
Contracts signed
Car is registered and Insure.

What can THEY do?
Tell 'em to eat a cyanide sandwich. I have never traded in a car where they didn't inspect it before the deal was done. Their failure to perform their due diligence before the transaction is their problem, not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 01:09 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
I'm pretty certain the dealer wouldn't offer the same deal when they sell used cars off their lot. I've heard cars breaking down minutes or hours after purchase from dealer. You bet the dealer just shakes their head and say AS-IS.

Don't let them bully you.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:30 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem20 View Post
Purchased a vehicle about 9 days ago. Traded in my car and they gave me 12,500 for it. I purchased my new car. Signed the forms , insured the car and the vehicle is registered. 4 days after the credit union funds the dealership and the dealership paid the trade in off. The day after that the trade in goes to the shop and now they want more money because the trade has after market stuff on it and to get it back to stock and put new rubber and brakes on it. The cost would be more to get it to sell. So now they want to unwind the deal and have it restructured to giving me 8500 for my trade.

So the deal is funded
Contracts signed
Car is registered and Insure.

What can THEY do?
They no longer own your car, the new one. It was paid off from the funds that your credit union provided. You know longer own your old car, it was paid for by the dealer on terms that you both agreed to. The Credit union owns your car now. You may want to take your paperwork to the credit union and ask them what all this means. I don't see any problems on your side. You have the car, it is no longer owned by the dealer. From what I can see, just enjoy the ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive