Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,413 times

Advertisements

I live in illinois and found a used car I want to buy in Florida. If I go there (Florida) and pay cash for the
car can the dealer just give me the title? Then I can drive the car home and do a title transfer and register it for Illinois plates and pay the applicable sales tax. Or is the dealer in Florida responsible for doing all the
necessary paperwork and I have to pay $600.00 in Doc fees or about that much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 07:04 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,167,756 times
doc fees are an absolute scam
do not pay them

Old 08-06-2015, 11:37 PM

23 posts, read 26,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyG View Post
I live in illinois and found a used car I want to buy in Florida. If I go there (Florida) and pay cash for the
car can the dealer just give me the title? Then I can drive the car home and do a title transfer and register it for Illinois plates and pay the applicable sales tax. Or is the dealer in Florida responsible for doing all the
necessary paperwork and I have to pay $600.00 in Doc fees or about that much?
I would suggest you check out this website Sawgrass Ford as you want to buy a used car in Florida. They are one of the best and trusted car dealers in Florida.

The reason, I am recommending them to you because they don't charge their customers with hidden $500-1000 hidden dealer fees on top of the price of buying the car unlike all of the other car dealer. Apart from this, they are one of the rare dealerships that does not charge a dealership fee. This is the reason why I am recommending you them to you and they sell brand new as well as certified pre-owned vehicles with 7-year/100,000-mile warranties.

You can check out their website to know more: Fort Lauderdale Ford Dealer | New Ford Car & Used Ford Truck Dealership | Sawgrass Ford

I hope it helps you to get a good car at the best rate.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:42 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,983,290 times
I have purchased used cars out of state from both Illinois and Florida.
Never paid any doc fees.

The Florida used car I did pay for temporary Florida Tags/plates. Not much. And had insurance card from my local insurance agency. That's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive