Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 05:58 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,127,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
WOW! Another keyboard tough guy....
No I'm the real deal jack.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:37 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
I understand.

My street is less than 1000 feet long, 'L'-shaped. And yet the 20-something idiot with the jacked-up truck (which is always sparkling clean and likely never sees a non-paved road, to say nothing of any surface requiring its absurd configuration) who turns the corner and guns it up to at least 30mph in the few hundred feet to his driveway.

Did I mention he has one of those idiotic LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES decals in his truck window? In his case it might be true - who knows, maybe one of the little kids in the neighborhood has been saved from being run over by this speeding idiot by the cacaphony of his approach. But one would think a better solution would be to not speed, rather than speed at a neighborhood-shaking decibel level, no?

But, noooooooo... it's all about them and their juvenile fixation with noise and speed.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:37 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I understand.

My street is less than 1000 feet long, 'L'-shaped. And yet the 20-something idiot with the jacked-up truck (which is always sparkling clean and likely never sees a non-paved road, to say nothing of any surface requiring its absurd configuration) who turns the corner and guns it up to at least 30mph in the few hundred feet to his driveway.

Did I mention he has one of those idiotic LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES decals in his truck window? In his case it might be true - who knows, maybe one of the little kids in the neighborhood has been saved from being run over by this speeding idiot by the cacaphony of his approach. But one would think a better solution would be to not speed, rather than speed at a neighborhood-shaking decibel level, no?

But, noooooooo... it's all about them and their juvenile fixation with noise and speed.
I think you just called an entire sub-culture of adults juvenile because it's something you (as an adult) do not do. That is superficial at best.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:57 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
That is superficial at best.
I like my men superficial.

Course, have no idea if the poster is male...

Old 04-05-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
If it were my car and you touched it by putting a note on it and trespass on my property you can be assured I would be right over to kick some butt.
What gives you the right to touch my property and to trespass onto my property with out my permission.
I understand. It is a parking lot for a pretty big apt building, just saying.
Don't get me started on rights tho...

Old 04-05-2015, 08:13 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Dollar Tree ear plugs 10 pack $1.00
Potatoes are only a couple bucks for a ten pound bag. They work nicely in the muffler.

This thread has become insanely long. Hepburn, I wish you the best and I hope you are successful. I've also struggled with people that have extremely loud cars. I'll be talking to the local police at some point to ask for more officers to patrol the powers/dublin area to give out tickets for kids drag racing. I have patience for people that have a broken muffler and can't afford to get it fixed, but when they intentionally make the muffler loud I consider that a good reason to see them get a ticket. In my opinion, having a loud muffler (intentionally) is no better than walking down the street and screaming your lungs out because you like the sound. I think you were kind to put a note first, and I would completely ignore the trolls that attacked you and suggested you put yourself personally in danger.

I did the personal confrontation once with a guy that was beating dogs and probably his girlfriend. The PD sent a cop that should have still been on rookie training, she botched the investigation and they did nothing. I had to stay armed in case he came after me or my wife so I could put him to rest. It is absolutely not worth the stress of personally confronting a criminal because they will know who reported them and if/when the cops screw things up, you'll be forced to be ready to end someone. Keep it anonymous. He might be a very reasonable person, or he might be like the complete psychopath that I reported. I find there isn't much to gain from identifying yourself, and the people encouraging you to identify yourself are the same kind of trouble makers that commit crimes and wish they could retaliate against the people that reported them. The advice is given in bad faith.

Last edited by lurtsman; 04-05-2015 at 08:22 AM..

Old 04-05-2015, 08:18 AM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Potatoes are only a couple bucks for a ten pound bag. They work nicely in the muffler.
That is property damage. Are you advocating a criminal offense on CD?

Old 04-05-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Um. Calling the police is a veiled threat. Try being an adult for once. No snark filled notes, start out with "would you please..."
The passive aggressive is a good way to get your ass kicked.
A threat is saying I will do something.
I did it..I drove miles to the substation...didn't call.
Passive is passive. I wrote a clear note directly to the person...that didn't have snark...and trust me,
I know what snark is and giving someone an ultimatum with a threat/promise of future action...
and I know what being an adult is...not acting all pissy and juvenile about something, and not protecting my own safety.

I do think the young man is simply oblivious...
I know because of my friends sons...adorable, but pretty outta touch with many things.
We laugh about it.

Not going up to him could have been dangerous...I again will say...you do not know
if a person is unstable, not worth the risk for me...you go up to a guy
with a loud muffler....not me. You can't beep your horn without getting shot in the head.

As I said, people that think that is a better method to directly walk up to people, male or female, young or old,
are living in fantasy land that people are mentally healthy.

Many are not right here; anger filled, mean words spouting, assumptions galore before
writing their hurtful words on every thread topic I have seen so far here.

I built a privacy within 2 weeks of moving into my house...2 days later the old lady,
in her 80's next door
chopped down the only 2 trees that gave my side yard shade...after walking
across the street to tell Lucille, "I'll show HER!" (Lucille said to me, "It was pure evil.")
I forgave her and help her with all sorts of yard work things....that's what nosey,
passive-agressive, pretentious people do , dontchaknow.

And thank you all for all your reps. xxoo

Old 04-05-2015, 08:39 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
That is property damage. Are you advocating a criminal offense on CD?
Could also be attempted murder.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:41 AM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Could also be attempted murder.
CO2 build up in the cabin of the car, you are absolutely correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive