Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,622,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianf408 View Post
There is likely nothing to fix. Many aftermarket exhausts are loud while being 100% street legal.

Also, some police departments won't do a single thing if you haven't tried to talk to the person first. Go be neighborly and talk with them.
Maybe the OP can give YOU the guy's address and you can go talk to him. Every neighborhood isn't from Leave It To Beaver.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:56 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,622,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
You seem delusional actually.
So he was friendly & you think he wants you now...?
My, my, my how egotistical

Lmao you need to get out more.
I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhood.
I've had neighbors just like you my whole life-
Watching everything I do, calling the cops on ridiculously trivial things....
All the suburbanites who do this REALLY need to get a life
Really? Where you live asking a woman walking down the street "How old are you" is considered friendly?

So sad for you that your whole life has been ruined by people wanting to live in a decent neighborhood, not one filled with anarchists who continue to break 'trivial' laws.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:37 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,241,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Really? Where you live asking a woman walking down the street "How old are you" is considered friendly?

So sad for you that your whole life has been ruined by people wanting to live in a decent neighborhood, not one filled with anarchists who continue to break 'trivial' laws.
Because I am sure it went exactly like the OP descried the encounter. To me it sounded like friendly neighborly chit chat. I would wager no law was broken as well. Just because a car has an aftermarket exhaust does not mean its breaking any laws. All cars do no need to sound like a Prius.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Really? Where you live asking a woman walking
down the street "How old are you" is considered friendly?
And, "Come 'ere", like he was Vin Deisel! Hahaha! It was funny. Never said he 'wanted me'. You really don't talk to a dog that way...
A lot of 'reader license' here.
Thanks rugats. Too bad I saw the the quote box, like a train wreck I read it.

So, because the substation was VERY far away, miles and miles, and planned on combining many errands that way today...
I went to this obscure sleepy station...and guess what? So far away and when I said the street...
the young man at the desk say, "He parks under that big tree, white car?"
WOW!...."We run the plates on that car a lot thinking it's stolen."
Can you imagine...
(And that tree should be on a Registry! Huge.)

Signed Arrogant and pretentious, Mrs, Kravatz

With the way engines are today ...someone told me potatoes don't work the same. Ha!
Limberger cheese on the exhaust manifold works way better.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:02 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
It may have been said a few times already but if you put a note on my car it's going in the trash and I'm revving extra loud for you.

If you just talked to me like a normal human, I'd probably have fixed it asap.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:05 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
It may have been said a few times already but if you put a note on my car it's going in the trash and I'm revving extra loud for you.

Amen brother

Old 04-02-2015, 02:13 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,405,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post

Bingo. The worst part to me is how gleeful the OP is at getting to call the police on the guy. smh

Old 04-02-2015, 02:13 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,263,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
........has a job and has nicely trimmed, cute facial hair.
Sounds like you'd like a date as much as anything.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:16 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,215 times
It the guy was thoughtful he wouldn't need to make any changes to his exhaust system.
It's quite possible to start the engine quietly without revving it up, and idle slowly and quietly down the block until getting on the main street where he can give er h$ll if he needs to hear the noise and feel the power.
I have had motorcycles and hot rods all my life and have encountered situation like the one the OP is dealing with, and I handled it as I mentioned.
We have several motorcycles in our neighborhood that at one time received complaints. After a neighborhood meeting, these same guys are now seen quietly idling down the street until they are out of the neighborhood. If they wish to be quiet, they can be. Some are so impressed with the sound they think everyone should be...

Old 04-02-2015, 03:19 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,468,905 times
if you put a note on my car telling me to quiet my exhaust I will go to the muffler shop. And tell the guy to straight pipe it and make it as loud as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive