Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 12:35 PM

88,133 posts, read 83,978,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
nj has low prices bc of the taxes. not having self serve is idiotic. yes it sucks pumping gas in the cold. it sucks even more wasting 5-10 mins for someone to come pump your gas when you can do it yourself.
Are you kidding me? I live in New Jersey. I never wait for a gas attendant. He (or she) is usually out there already. NOBODY in NJ would wait 5 - 10 minutes for a gas station attendant. They'd be long gone, and a gas station that worked that way would soon be out of business (and the attendants sent back to their home country). We move fast here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 12:41 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,158,960 times
i live in ny and get gas in nj all the time. between waiting for them to pump it then waiting for them to come back take the pump out and give you your card back it's easily 5-10 mins of wasted times during busy hours.

and even when it's not busy i can be in and out faster every single time if it wasn't for the bs law.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:40 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,219,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Didn't know what forum to put this in.
We just finished a cold winter where I live and had a cold windy night at the gas pump yesterday.

So here is my question, one which may have plagued mankind since the invention of self serve at the pump.
On a cold windy day when you dont have your coat does your tank fill up faster if you watch the pump and the numbers go by or if you turn away and don't watch the pump?

Personally I find a combination is quickest but hey that's just me.
Oh I hate it when it is cold out and I have to get gas. Just the other night it must have been 56 Degrees and I wished I had warn something other than shorts, flipflops, and a pull over shirt. I prefer it in the day time when it is in the 70's or 80's. As far as I know though the pump could care less what I am looking at. It fills up the tank at the same speed. Something that you may want to start checking on is if you are only filling half a tank or the entire tank. That could have a differance. I am thinking it takes twice as long to fill a completly empty tank as it does to fill half a tank. I may be wrong though and maybe others can educate me more on the ins and outs of filling a tank. From what I heard it only takes 25% of the time to fill a tank that is 3/4's full as it takes to fill a tank that is empty. Just my thoughts anyway.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Are you kidding me? I live in New Jersey. I never wait for a gas attendant. He (or she) is usually out there already. NOBODY in NJ would wait 5 - 10 minutes for a gas station attendant. They'd be long gone, and a gas station that worked that way would soon be out of business (and the attendants sent back to their home country). We move fast here.
Just wondering, why is it that no one in Jew Jersey or Oregon ever learned how to pump their own gas. I know that it is the law in those states but pumping gas is about as simple of job as you can find. You can even pay at the pump where I live. Just wondering why is it the law?

Old 04-08-2015, 02:24 PM

88,133 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Just wondering, why is it that no one in Jew (REALLY???)Jersey or Oregon ever learned how to pump their own gas. I know that it is the law in those states but pumping gas is about as simple of job as you can find. You can even pay at the pump where I live. Just wondering why is it the law?
I'm confused as to why you believe we don't know how to pump our own gas. What do you think, we never leave the state and drive in places where we have to pump our own?

Hell, I leave the state EVERY DAY, but I take trains so that has nothing to do with this conversation...

And why do you think we are all Jewish? That's weird. At least you're different. Most people assume we're all Italian, a sure sign that they watch way too much television.

Anyway:

http://www.bergencounty.com/trivia-a...y-nj-1.1010289

Old 04-08-2015, 02:27 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,285,773 times
I think holding the pump trigger all the way down is faster than using the pump trigger catch. Because (in my opinion) the trigger is held down father and pumps at a faster rate...

Sounds logical..

Old 04-08-2015, 03:16 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,090,932 times
The more I I read this thread the more I think 1st world problems are just stupid.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm confused as to why you believe we don't know how to pump our own gas. What do you think, we never leave the state and drive in places where we have to pump our own?

Hell, I leave the state EVERY DAY, but I take trains so that has nothing to do with this conversation...

And why do you think we are all Jewish? That's weird. At least you're different. Most people assume we're all Italian, a sure sign that they watch way too much television.

Anyway:

Why you can't pump your own gas - Trivia and Fun - BergenCounty.com
Amazing. A slip of the keypad when I am typing and you think I am calling New Jersey Jew Jersey. Sorry about that. I like to toss out a post here and there and sometimes I hit the wrong key. I know I should have edited what I wrote but it slipped by me. As far as shows about people from New Jersey I didn't even know you guys had any on the air. LOL

Thank's for sharing the fun facts. And I hope no one is getting the idea that I am doing anything other than joking around and hopefully adding to the entertainment.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:31 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Just wondering, why is it that no one in Jew Jersey or Oregon ever learned how to pump their own gas. I know that it is the law in those states but pumping gas is about as simple of job as you can find. You can even pay at the pump where I live. Just wondering why is it the law?
What makes you think we never learned how to pump our own gas? It's not like I spend my entire life within the confines of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801
This.

I can't recall ever having to wait for the attendant to come out. They're usually already out by the pumps.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:00 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,851,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Didn't know what forum to put this in.
We just finished a cold winter where I live and had a cold windy night at the gas pump yesterday.

So here is my question, one which may have plagued mankind since the invention of self serve at the pump.
On a cold windy day when you dont have your coat does your tank fill up faster if you watch the pump and the numbers go by or if you turn away and don't watch the pump?

Personally I find a combination is quickest but hey that's just me.

The quickest way is to have a smaller tank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive