Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times

Advertisements

It's an 08 Accord out of warranty, so buyer beware. You didn't notice this rattle before you took delivery?

As for the dozing part... are you seriously defending sitting behind the wheel of a moving vehicle with your eyes purposely closed to doze?

We must be getting punked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 08:32 AM

23 posts, read 23,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Who does that while driving an automobile? some people dont really need to be driving lol
when you have to feed a family and your work you ass off everyday, then yes you have to drive, and no I was not going fast, I hit the other car going at 1 mph if that,

Not that I really needed empathy from this forum but dam some of this comments are unbelievable, I guess some have it easy on this world

Old 04-10-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
It's an 08 Accord out of warranty, so buyer beware. You didn't notice this rattle before you took delivery?

As for the dozing part... are you seriously defending sitting behind the wheel of a moving vehicle with your eyes purposely closed to doze?

We must be getting punked.

the rattle is the VCT Actuator, their is no way to diagnose this unless the car has not been driven for more than 6 hours and has not started at least once, extremely hard to catch when you are car shopping

I'm not defending but are you guys serious? Like I said I did not dozed off while going substantial speeds it was a quick blink going at 1mph if that smh

Old 04-10-2015, 08:40 AM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humberto8397 View Post
when you have to feed a family and your work you ass off everyday, then yes you have to drive, and no I was not going fast, I hit the other car going at 1 mph if that,

Not that I really needed empathy from this forum but dam some of this comments are unbelievable, I guess some have it easy on this world

I work everyday to put food on the table for my family as well. I get up at 4:am everyday and make a 35 minute commute and do not fall asleep while driving.

What if there had been someone on the side of the road changing a tire and you hit him? or a police officer making a traffic stop and you hit him?

I still stand behind my comment that some people shouldnt be driving.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:46 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Quote:
the rattle is the VCT Actuator, their is no way to diagnose this unless the car has not been driven for more than 6 hours and has not started at least once, extremely hard to catch when you are car shopping

I'm not defending but are you guys serious? Like I said I did not dozed off while going substantial speeds it was a quick blink going at 1mph if that smh
As I said, with buying a used car it is basically buyer beware unless there is a written, expressed warranty. You did not catch it, and there is no warranty. The dealer could be courteous and take care of it, but they are under no obligation. It sucks, but it is what it is.

You will be back here when you find out how often the rear brakes will need replacement on that '08 Accord too. It's not a good year for Accords.

Well, you were going fast enough you hit another car.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:50 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I make a 35 minute commute and do not fall asleep while driving.
That's an easy commute. Just saying.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:55 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
it's not like I was going 60+mph and feel asleep, I was on stop and go traffic and closed my eyes for a quick second and this happened...

THIS time you were moving at a very slow pace, and as a result the damage was minimal--albeit significant enough for you to gripe about.

The next time that this happens, you could be traveling at expressway speeds, and the result in that case would be...disastrous.
I think that you should take this as your wake-up call (both literally and figuratively) regarding the effects of driving without having gotten enough rest.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
That's an easy commute. Just saying.
lol I know, try sometimes 1 hour and 30m just one way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
THIS time you were moving at a very slow pace, and as a result the damage was minimal--albeit significant enough for you to gripe about.

The next time that this happens, you could be traveling at expressway speeds, and the result in that case would be...disastrous.
I think that you should take this as your wake-up call (both literally and figuratively) regarding the effects of driving without having gotten enough rest.

exactly and like I said I'm not justifying falling asleep, but some of these comments wishing I have another bad day or wish it happens again but worse???? what kind of attitude is that?? like the one below, some people man this what sometimes makes society what it is today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
You dozed off in traffic on houston freeway? I wish you another bad day. Go hit a brick wall tomorrow. No sympathy here.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
As I said, with buying a used car it is basically buyer beware unless there is a written, expressed warranty. You did not catch it, and there is no warranty. The dealer could be courteous and take care of it, but they are under no obligation. It sucks, but it is what it is.

You will be back here when you find out how often the rear brakes will need replacement on that '08 Accord too. It's not a good year for Accords.

Well, you were going fast enough you hit another car.
yeah and I know I'm screwed on that part, hopefully I can work something out with them if not I will have to shell out the money for the repair :/

and yes, It was my fault did not do enough research on the year, I just went with the reliability "Honda" cars are infamous for, so that was my fault completely, For the brakes i will just change them myself no big deal if you get lifetime warranty pads, just the rattle is what annoys me

Old 04-10-2015, 09:18 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,467,077 times
some people seriously should not have a license
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive