Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 03:37 PM

26 posts, read 22,771 times

Advertisements

Riding on my butt so close you can't even see their bumper! Pass me already! I may be retired, but I definitely am not a slow driver!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 03:38 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,121 times
Left lane hoggers
People who turn right in front of you
People who go below the speed limit
Tailgaters (esp when there is no reason to)
Someone passes you then slows down & repeats
Arrogant DRIVERS

Old 04-28-2015, 03:40 PM

781 posts, read 736,642 times
That other people get to use the road too.....

Old 04-28-2015, 03:45 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
What are your top 5 biggest pet peeves while driving?

Here's mine:
1. Left lane hoggers
2. People who Text and drive
3. Traffic cheaters
4. People who don't use their signals
5. People who roll through stop signs (it's the easiest thing in the world to do. It will cost you 1 second to stop. If there's a line at the 3 stop sign intersection and when I get to the line after you roll threw it when I got their first then you are one impatient driver)

I get it. We all get mad at drivers. I think people get mad at the car itself not the driver because we have a complete different set of values while driving. With glass and metal dividing us from eachother, there is nothing we will not say to one an other.
People who are first in line at the left turn arrow (that's only green for 5 seconds or less) and they just sit there for a second or two before going.

People who drive under the speed limit in the "fast lane' or the "middle lane". If you aren't in a hurry, get to the right, some people actually have lives and have to be places.

People who don't move up into the middle of the intersection while waiting to make a left and if i'm the second car, i'm basically forced to go thru a red light, get WAY up into the intersection so the car behind you can move out into a position to turn as the light turns red. Its not always all about you.

People who cut out of the HOV lane when there is a double line, there are special spots to exit the HOV, use them.

People who drive really fast on residential streets. If you want to go 85 on the interstate, that's one thing, but don't go 50 MPH down my little street where i live.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:50 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,659,395 times
Truckers.
I dont care how many miles they put on in a year, that doesn't give you a license to be a jackass bully.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:59 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,733,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
People who are first in line at the left turn arrow (that's only green for 5 seconds or less) and they just sit there for a second or two before going.

People who drive under the speed limit in the "fast lane' or the "middle lane". If you aren't in a hurry, get to the right, some people actually have lives and have to be places.

People who don't move up into the middle of the intersection while waiting to make a left and if i'm the second car, i'm basically forced to go thru a red light, get WAY up into the intersection so the car behind you can move out into a position to turn as the light turns red. Its not always all about you.

People who cut out of the HOV lane when there is a double line, there are special spots to exit the HOV, use them.

People who drive really fast on residential streets. If you want to go 85 on the interstate, that's one thing, but don't go 50 MPH down my little street where i live.
Or worse yet people who don't inch up at all in the left turn lane. Thus missing the turn altogether when the light turns red. They seem to be waiting for the non-existent left green arrow

Old 04-28-2015, 04:07 PM

625 posts, read 623,996 times
Default pet peeves

TEXTING and driving!

The worst problem. Absolutely.

Nothing else comes close.

If I were in law enforcement, I'd spend all of every shift pulling over thoughtless a*sholes that are texting and driving.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
I hate horn blowers. I can adjust to any kind of driving but those people who bully others with their horns get on my last nerve. Put both hands on the steering wheel and leave the horn alone.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:57 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Yes, and also because it's none of their business if I want to go 90, absolutely none.

It's like what George Carlin used to say, don't you wish sometimes instead of those headlights you had 50 caliber machine guns mounted on the hood? Left-lane hogs deserve the contempt they receive because they think it's their business to boss other people around when it's absolutely not ANY of their business. Move or BE MOVED, but you WILL NOT deliberately try and boss me around with the speed I want to drive. The cop legally can do this, but you're not the cops, and it's none of your business and most certainly not your place to play the cop.
Around these parts you try to move us it wont end well.

Man shot during Montgomery County traffic incident

Old 04-28-2015, 09:10 PM

983 posts, read 995,187 times
Why do people almost come to a stop when making a right turn off of a street? I can see if it's dark, stormy out and someone is having difficulty finding the drive/entrance. This is broad daylight, dry pavement, making a right turn off of a street, and nearly coming to a dead stop. It's not safe to impede the flow of traffic.

Turn already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive