Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 01:07 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,073 times

Advertisements

Doesn't camaro come with a steering? That guy couldn't keep it in the lane

I am surprised some believe rig had something to do it. I guess they believe he should have slowed down after seeing camaro driver was behaving like a fish out of the pond and allowed him to overtake from right! He/she was driving as he should have and remember they can't slow down or speed up like a car. The actual game was between pickup driver and camaro driver. And for some reason I believe it wouldn't have been so bad had camaro dropped that BS lane change where camaro driver wanted to push the pick up truck out of the lane (and almost collided) and then drop the idea of tailgating. I do not like pickup drivers in general but there is nothing wrong he did until he decided to play games with him but even after that major blame goes to that nut driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 01:54 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
This is why you shouldn't use turn signals. If the Camaro driver had just moved over, the truck would have been mad but wouldn't have had a chance to speed up to block him out.

Although, there were several better spots the Camaro driver could have used to pass on the shoulder.
The Camaro lacked space to change lanes. There was a vehicle in front of the pickup truck when the driver in the Camaro attempt to squeeze in. The driver in the pickup failed to diffuse the situation by refusing to move over when given the opportunity, resulting in both drivers along with the driver in the rig crashing into each other.

Drivers don't get to force themselves into traffic because they did not scan the road ahead. Not tailgating allows drivers to do just that. The driver in the Camaro had no idea what was going on. The Camaro even ran up behind a trucker carrying fuel before getting behind the pickup truck.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:13 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times
Not sure why people are calling the rig driver and the camera car idiots - they did not do anything. The camera guy got way closer than I would have after seen that behavior, but he didn;t actually do anything wrong.

It's very clear that both the truck and the camaro are at fault, and both should lose their licenses for at least 1 year. driving on a concrete road in 2+ ton metal death traps at 70mph is not the time to play games or test who has the bigger balls. if some moron is driving aggressively, let him pass. your pride may be hurt for 10 seconds, but who cares? you don't know the aggressor, or anyone else on the road, and you will likely never see any of them ever again...so just get over it and drive safely. this was so avoidable it makes me cringe.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:26 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
In case nobody noticed there was a car right in front of the pickup when Bozo tried to squeeze in. I know that would **** me off and no way the Camaro gets past me. I slow down for tailgaters just as he did,

Check the video at .39

Old 04-27-2015, 03:18 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
In my book the Camaro guy was guilty of stupidity and the pickup guy was guilty of malice, and I can't see where the semi-truck driving did anything wrong whatsoever.

If someone behind you in the left lane wants to pass, move over and let them by. How do you know they are not on their way to the hospital or some other emergency?

Old 04-27-2015, 03:32 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
In case nobody noticed there was a car right in front of the pickup when Bozo tried to squeeze in. I know that would **** me off and no way the Camaro gets past me. I slow down for tailgaters just as he did,
And you saw what the outcome of that can be. Do you think the pickup driver is feeling so smug now? You would rather stand your ground and be involved in a crash like this than to let the **** get past you?

I don't know if anyone was injured in this case but when cars collide like this it is a function of physics not fault that determines who gets injured or killed.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:48 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,477,919 times
Two out of the three involved are ****-poor drivers. I'd say that's about the National average.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:52 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,246,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Camaro driver is guilty on several counts. The camera recording nails driver with wreckless driving, failure to yield right of way, an inspection ticket for having a light out and finally causing an accident and endangering lives. Probably talking on the phone or texting as well. The idiot with the camera could have been a participant; let's hope his recording turns up in court.
It's also being reported that he was drunk

Old 04-27-2015, 03:56 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
FYI folks, the Camaro driver was drunk and blew a 0.19 BAC.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:01 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
FYI folks, the Camaro driver was drunk and blew a 0.19 BAC.

WHAT a surprise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive