Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:18 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

http://www.autozone.com/decals-and-g...r-edge-molding

Let him know you have that on your door edges so it can't possibly be your car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 10:23 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
I live in the Bay Area which is one of the most congested regions with regard to driving/parking and I've managed to generally avoid tapping other vehicles with my door in even the tightest parking spots. In tight parking situations I specifically look at the door edge as I get out and even put my hand in between my door and the other car if I have to. I'm usually able to keep the door within a few cm of the other car and rarely make contact. On the rare occasion that I do make even the slightest contact, I tend to feel bad about it as I should. The point of all this is that you seem way too relaxed about even lightly tapping these vehicles. If you are making contact, you are doing something wrong or not being careful enough. I'm a big guy at 240lbs and I can manage in San Francisco or just about any parking area with even the most annoying/narrow spots.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:30 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,817,730 times
back in when you park.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:56 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,768 times
Trucks are work vehicles, they can take a few door and bumper dings. Sounds like he's a truck worshiper, quite possibly the worst type of vehicle owner. If it's a big, shiny truck with lots of gewgaws on it, he's insecure as hell and I'd watch out for the sucker punch or the dirty retaliation. If he thinks having a perfect, oversize vehicle is so important, he should be able to afford his own place to park on his own private property and he shouldn't live in an apartment with a parking lot. Unfortunately, that truck is probably all he's got, and it probably belongs to a bank.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:07 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,872,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
http://www.autozone.com/decals-and-g...r-edge-molding

Let him know you have that on your door edges so it can't possibly be your car.
Exactly what I was going to suggest. I've had the plastic 2' long door edge guards on several of my vehicles and it does help keep your door from being chipped AND keeps the paint from rubbing off on another car if you "bump" your door into it. The dealer even put exact color coordinated door edge guards on my daughter's red Rogue, and they look really good.

I see they even have clear door edge guards available!

http://www.autozone.com/decals-and-g...ding/7360_0_0/

Old 05-13-2015, 05:10 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbstang View Post
Exactly what I was going to suggest. I've had the plastic 2' long door edge guards on several of my vehicles and it does help keep your door from being chipped AND keeps the paint from rubbing off on another car if you "bump" your door into it. The dealer even put exact color coordinated door edge guards on my daughter's red Rogue, and they look really good.

I see they even have clear door edge guards available!

http://www.autozone.com/decals-and-g...ding/7360_0_0/
The only downside is that most of the ones I've seen are still noticeable and ruin the styling for me. We recently bought a used Ford Fusion for my wife with pre-installed door guards and I hated the look of them but never said anything because its primarily the wife's car so I felt no need to complain. A few months later I came home and found my wife ripping them off because apparently she wasn't fond either.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:17 PM

922 posts, read 1,149,129 times

Old 05-13-2015, 05:56 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,487,382 times
quite simply:
1}let him take you to court
2} he MUST have the "burden of proof "that it was INDEED YOU damaged his truck.The burden of proof falls on his side iF he takes you to court.
3} when he next accuses you, call 911, and ask for a deputy,officer etc to come as your neighbor "claims" there was an accident, The police are schooled in forensics, a science of truth telling vs accusations.
Be prepared for other "instances' if he really is the "neighbor from hell"...but ALWAYS call the police!!!
4} either find a new place to live, or hope beyond hope he moves out.
5} get yourself SEVERAL night vision cameras and strategically place them liberally around your property, in high up place NOT easily manipulated, CHANGE the tape of DVD regularly!!!
It is so sad in today's society that we need such things, but sounds like you need it.
MAKE sure your cameras are attached to a 24 hour recording/device,Nd make SURe it is running{don't ask me how I know}.
GOod Luck

Old 05-13-2015, 06:00 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,833 times
no need to get all worked up .. tell him to bite you ..!!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:17 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
i would cave his door in and tell him ok call the cops, let insurance worry about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive