Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:28 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times

Advertisements

QUOTE from Rattle Axis above: Anyhow, I commute on 1604 daily and see this "I'm going to speed past everyone and then force my way in at the very last moment" mentality probably a dozen or more times a day. I don't frequent your area, but I see it at Stone Oak and Kyle Seale. (Another selfish and dangerous manuever I see at Kyle Seale just about everyday is someone will accelerate to the front of the left turn only lane, past the waiting to go straight traffic on the access road, then go straight through the interstection with no lane ahead of them and cut off the cars that are going straight.)
I've twice been in a position where the forcing in driver would just push into my lane with such intent, that I had to eventually relent when vehicle contact was imminent. Makes the blood boil for sure!

EXACTLY!!! The problem is, when they "force you over" THEY are prepared and know what they are planning on doing, and YOU are the one left being forced into the accident situation by either "sandwiching" you into someone else trying to avoid them running into you, OR the guy behind you rear-ends you because you have to slam on the breaks to keep from hitting the jerk that CAUSED the accident by forcing their way in.

I am really trying to avoid that particular intersection as much as possible, but then my route take me the 1604 mess you have described.

I think this little cow town has just grown to have TOO many cars for the roads as intended as stated above.

When I learned to drive and got my learners permit back in 1968, my dad would drive me out to 1604 at Hwy 90 and then pull over, get out and let me drive all of 1604 for practice!!! It was a 2 lane road, one each direction, and I could drive for an HOUR and maybe pass one or two cars headed the opposite direction....my oh my, how things have changed.

Last edited by Paka; 05-14-2015 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 06:18 AM

302 posts, read 1,155,955 times
Well, it happened again this morning. Loop 1604 @ IH-10 west (San Antonio). A truck sped past the main highway traffic via the access road exit lane (Highway traffic was running smooth, but maybe around 40 mph approaching the interchange as it usually does slow there.) then cut in last minute, driving over the solid white striped wedge that precedes a median and into the main highway lane. This happened three vehicles ahead of me, so when the first vehicle was forced to react, so did the rest of us. But.... guess what? The vehicle immediately ahead of me was a police motorcycle!

The officer didn't hesitate for a second to hit the lights and pursue. Good work sir! Glad to see
some enforcement on this selfish and dangerous behavior.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:44 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattle axis View Post
Well, it happened again this morning. Loop 1604 @ IH-10 west (San Antonio). But.... guess what? The vehicle immediately ahead of me was a police motorcycle!

The officer didn't hesitate for a second to hit the lights and pursue. Good work sir! Glad to see
some enforcement on this selfish and dangerous behavior.
Hey wait a minute,,,police have no business whatsoever to do with anyone's driving. We all have become accustomed to this but driving is not any business of police, similar to dentists nor doctors nor anyone else. Trying slowly bit by bit to get people out of this idea. All they do is steal peoples money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive