Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 04:25 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,581,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
You might want to wait till you get to drive one until you make that decision. Ive always thought the Ford full size vans were some of the worst driving vehicles ever made. The ones I drive mostly are beat on daily on racetracks so Ive taken it witha but of grain of salt though.
Then last week I got to drive a newer one, less than 2k miles and it was just as bad as those that we use that are either negleted or beat to within an inch of their lives. Than I got to drive a pre production full size transit and it was really not that much better. Certainly worse than some of the full size Ram vans that I have driven with tons of abusive miles on them as well. I was hoping for something better, esp since I was working for Ford that week.
Seeing the other size transits coming up was pretty cool. And driving what wil be Lincolns next SUVs was a much better experience.

Btw I love the new MKZ hybrid now that Ive spent some time in them. Awesome looks, features and interior when its screwed together properly. Hopefully they can get over the assembly issues in the Mexican plant and stop having to basically reassemble them in another US plant before dealer delivery soon enough. I really want to drive them on the street a bunch tjough and see about mileage. The previous Z hybrid I always averaged closer to 36-37 mpg when they were rated at over 40mpg. I never had problems reaching the rated 40mpg of a camry hybrid by comparison. With the new Z hybrid being rated at 45mpg Id personally be happy with 40-42mpg.
Also pretyy disappointed that unlike the Fusion where you can get the radar cruise as a stand alone option for a reasonable price that in the Z it takes thousands of dollars extra for the "tech package" bundled with a bunch of other stuff to get the same radar/dynamic cruise control.

Anyway.. If you dont mind the waybthe current Ford full size van drives you prob wont have an issue with the new transit, but to me it was horrible so give it a good try before you commit.

Do you work for Ford? What Lincoln SUVs did you drive?

Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJay View Post
...Please think about polar bears. Their ground is breaking...
I have a hard time feeling bad for an animal that could only think of me as a quick snack...

Old 04-15-2013, 05:06 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,109,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJay View Post
....think more about nature. Why r u buying American cars with engine like 5.4 or more?? You can have better quality cars for example from Japan, Korea, or Europe.... What do u think about Smart cars in the US??? I think that it wont be sold much in the us, because u r habituated on ur ****ty cars. Thanks to all Americans who are buying or have bought economical Asian/ European cars. Please think about polar bears. Their ground is breaking... However, ground is breaking not only for them...
Foreigners, use proper grammar.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:09 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,581,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
Foreigners, use proper grammar.
It was just a troll thread, of course there are many idiots amongst us, so they took the bait.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
I know that the government will undoubtedly spend a ton of $$$ on hybrids for their employees if that mandate came down, but mandating that the rest of us, and especially out here in import-addicted California must buyt them, as well as Governor Moonbeam's equally ludicrous mandate that 20% or 25% of the cars solid in this state by 2020 or 2025 must be alternative-fuel cars makes no sense whatsoever.

He and the rest of his tree-hugging job killing dictators haven't figured out that if we the people don't go out and buy those cars, primarily because they're horrendously overpriced (an extra $4,500 for a Sonata Hybrid--thanks but no thanks) makes no fiscal sense for most folks, since the average American only drives around 13,000 miles per year, then a lot of automakers will be stuck with bloated inventories, which will result in either rampant discounting or an increase in the unemployment rate in the white-hot automobile industry, which is the last thing we need right now in this sputtering economy.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:57 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
And then there's reality. Parking spaces vary in both length and width.
True, but a given parking space will remain the same size regardless of if the car fills up the whole space or if it fills up only a portion of it. All other things being equal, as long as the cars fit in the parking space the number of places to park will remain the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
If the government is so fixated on folks buying those electric & hybrid cars, make it mandatory that all government employees who drive cars while on government business or get cars as government employees must buy one.
You mean something like this? :

Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,282,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
I know that the government will undoubtedly spend a ton of $$$ on hybrids for their employees if that mandate came down, but mandating that the rest of us, and especially out here in import-addicted California must buyt them, as well as Governor Moonbeam's equally ludicrous mandate that 20% or 25% of the cars solid in this state by 2020 or 2025 must be alternative-fuel cars makes no sense whatsoever.

He and the rest of his tree-hugging job killing dictators haven't figured out that if we the people don't go out and buy those cars, primarily because they're horrendously overpriced (an extra $4,500 for a Sonata Hybrid--thanks but no thanks) makes no fiscal sense for most folks, since the average American only drives around 13,000 miles per year, then a lot of automakers will be stuck with bloated inventories, which will result in either rampant discounting or an increase in the unemployment rate in the white-hot automobile industry, which is the last thing we need right now in this sputtering economy.
Of course, he and the rest of the tree hugging dictators have made it so you can breathe in LA, so it doesn't look like downtown Beijing:

Old 04-15-2013, 08:38 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,282,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
You mean something like this? :
Hey, now. You're ragging on my daily driver, that uses no gasoline or diesel at all on the daily commute and errand running.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:43 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
I could see the government forcing the people to have at least one hybrid/alternative fuel vehicle per household. There are so many things I rather do than purchase a Volt (Going camping with Charles Manson for 6 months is one of them). What a waste of my money that would be.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:16 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I could see the government forcing the people to have at least one hybrid/alternative fuel vehicle per household. There are so many things I rather do than purchase a Volt (Going camping with Charles Manson for 6 months is one of them). What a waste of my money that would be.
When you hear proposals for 60 MPG+ CAFE standards, that is sort of what they are doing in a round-about way. If manufacturers are forced to offer mostly to all hybrids to meet the government regulations for mileage, it will in time force consumers into those vehicles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive