Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times

Advertisements

And we do care about nature here. We also have freedoms here that maybe the op doesn't have. I do my part in Conservation (but I am not in anyway caught up in the "save the environment " stupidity lies). An for those who can not decipher the differences between conservation and the environment wackos, that is an entirely new subject. Plus you will find if honest a well tuned engine, regardless of size will be a clean running engine. But it cracks me up someone in another country wanting us to drive small cars that do not get any better mpg than what we already drive that is larger and more comfortable.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJay View Post
....think more about nature. Why r u buying American cars with engine like 5.4 or more?? You can have better quality cars for example from Japan, Korea, or Europe.... What do u think about Smart cars in the US??? I think that it wont be sold much in the us, because u r habituated on ur ****ty cars. Thanks to all Americans who are buying or have bought economical Asian/ European cars. Please think about polar bears. Their ground is breaking... However, ground is breaking not only for them...
Worry about the Skodas, the Polski Fiats and all the other crap cars in Czech Republic. We'll worry about our country, you worry about yours.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:02 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times

Pullied to Whippled: The Story of my SVT Cobra (Short Cut) - YouTube
When we have a car so badass for what it was in Bang for the Buck performance it got the nickname the "terminator" to beat other very expensive exotic cars and helping to stop polar bears from attacking and eating humans I guess so it terminates man eating bears and modern high end supports cars on the track so long live the SVT Cobra.

When snakes attack - YouTube
Saving man from bear attacks and giving corvettes and Porsche a run for their money at the track since 03 and a great bang for the Buck so it saves you money to have a car that might save a persons life from being bear food and how can that be bad if it saves human life's and people a money and attacking older M3 BMWs and C5 Corvettes on the race track.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:37 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,811,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and I am old enough to remember Yugoslavia's contribution to the car market.....anyone remember the YUGO.....a marvelous piece of crap.
you bought em in a six pack in case one broke down youde just get into another one and keep going . what about the Hyundai excel another pice of crap

Old 04-21-2013, 09:25 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
Sorry, I can't pass up the thrill that a V8 delivers while driving it.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 AM

924 posts, read 2,603,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
No, I wrote it in a way the op could understand. And anyone else should be able to understand regardless of where the person is from. Any nation suffers when the people in it do not buy from the companies based in it and instead buy from companies from another country. AS for the opinion we should drive cars that are too small outside of an alley, I'll stick to a larger mid sized vehicle so when the fool in a say pirus hits me I am the 1 that can walk away and not the 1 that the family is planning the funeral.
If this country produced vehicles that were equal to or superior to certain foreign vehicles then people would buy more of them. We aren't talking sports cars or pickup trucks but the average car that the average american drives. The beauty of this country is that we don't have to settle for crap and can buy the best vehicle for the money.

The quality gap has narrowed significantly in modern times but the quality of american vehicles from the early 90s to the early 2000s was just inferior and the reliablity statistics support this. This huge gap in quality between Japanese and American vehicles is what allowed the Japanese manufacturers to jump in and take away large market shares.

Ford seems to have gotten the message and has started to build QUALITY vehicles that are segment leading in a number of categories while the Japanese have largely rested on their laurels. I think we will see a shift in market dominance to Ford and also to Hyundai/Kia in the next decade since they are pushing the envelope. VW is a rising star in terms of producing attractive vehicles for the money but they are still trailing in reliability. GM is behind the pack and I think Dodge is just plain hopeless.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,623,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Sorry, I can't pass up the thrill that a V8 delivers while driving it.
Ahh yes, the way a Camaro was meant to sit. With it's hood up.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Ahh yes, the way a Camaro was meant to sit. With it's hood up.
Lol, sure? I just thought this was one of the better looking 4th generation Camaros I've seen. They had a pretty sexy rear, and the 35th anniversary edition made it look that much sweeter.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJay View Post
....think more about nature. Why r u buying American cars with engine like 5.4 or more?? You can have better quality cars for example from Japan, Korea, or Europe.... What do u think about Smart cars in the US??? I think that it wont be sold much in the us, because u r habituated on ur ****ty cars. Thanks to all Americans who are buying or have bought economical Asian/ European cars. Please think about polar bears. Their ground is breaking... However, ground is breaking not only for them...
Then why is KIA also known as Krap In America and Krap in Asia?
Buy American support Americans. America makes average driver cars that are just as good as any asian cars and any European car.. The way a person drives and takes care of their vehicle makes a big difference.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post
If this country produced vehicles that were equal to or superior to certain foreign vehicles then people would buy more of them. We aren't talking sports cars or pickup trucks but the average car that the average american drives. The beauty of this country is that we don't have to settle for crap and can buy the best vehicle for the money.

The quality gap has narrowed significantly in modern times but the quality of american vehicles from the early 90s to the early 2000s was just inferior and the reliablity statistics support this. This huge gap in quality between Japanese and American vehicles is what allowed the Japanese manufacturers to jump in and take away large market shares.

Ford seems to have gotten the message and has started to build QUALITY vehicles that are segment leading in a number of categories while the Japanese have largely rested on their laurels. I think we will see a shift in market dominance to Ford and also to Hyundai/Kia in the next decade since they are pushing the envelope. VW is a rising star in terms of producing attractive vehicles for the money but they are still trailing in reliability. GM is behind the pack and I think Dodge is just plain hopeless.

I think Chrysler has done the best at improving quality. Have you checked out what they have now? Some very nice rides! And clearly they got the message that another me to bubble on wheels isn't the way to build a car. Overall, the Chrysler products have the best looking and some of the best quality cars offered now for the money. I think the past under M-benz is still haunting them and people have the misconception they are not as good as they have become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive