Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 05:50 PM

2,618 posts, read 2,309,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
I own a 15 GT and it is literally the most fun Ive had in years. I also owned an 05 GT so thats my point of comparison. I kick the living sh* out of my 15 daily. Im gunning it from around 60 to 90 on open stretches of freeway almost every day, and its just awesome. I am in love with the 5.0 V8. Truth be told it doesnt sound as nice as far as engine growl as the 4.6 SOHC but it is just powerful as all get out. The great thing personally for me is that for 30K i drive a car on my daily commute that is faster than literally 99% of other cars on the road at that time in my area. That is one hell of a dollar to horsepower ratio.
Well the base model '15 GT is closer to 35k than 30k isn't it?

I think performance wise it's a great car and best of the Mustangs to date. I just don't like the look as much. If I want a muscle car, I also want that classic big back end.

I just bought my first Mustang this year which is a very low mileage 05 GT like you had, that has been slightly modified to produce 360 HP with 4:10 racing gears. I think having a high gear ratio is needed to get the most from a Mustang since it is such a heavy ride. If I was going to not just keep it stock, I'd change the gears on any Mustang I'd purchase. I can accelerate with any car on the road and those gears in my '05. Pretty fun car and I'd look to buy another Mustang in the future with how impressed I am with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 05:51 PM

224 posts, read 453,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
Doesnt this latest version do away with the solid rear axle folks had complained about?
Yes.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:53 PM

224 posts, read 453,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
If I was going to not just keep it stock, I'd change the gears on any Mustang I'd purchase.

Gearing is almost always the most cost effective power-adder. (so to speak)

Old 06-02-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeefy View Post
Gearing is almost always the most cost effective power-adder. (so to speak)
Yup. It's amazing what it can do! I am not looking to get a speeding ticket so I don't need to do 120 MPH. But it sure is fun to blow by people getting onto freeways from a dead stop and fitting in during lanes changes where quick acceleration is needed at 60+ MPH.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:06 PM

29,450 posts, read 22,387,576 times
I have a soft spot in my heart for these Pony cars.

The first car I ever bought in my life was a white Mustang 5.0 LX back in 1990.

The second Mustang I bought was a black Bullitt model back in 2008 (had to sell it because I couldn't afford payment and insurance).

Everyone else can have their expensive foreign cars, but give me a nice Mustang anyday.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:20 PM

520 posts, read 529,481 times
Quote:
Well the base model '15 GT is closer to 35k than 30k isn't it?

I think performance wise it's a great car and best of the Mustangs to date. I just don't like the look as much. If I want a muscle car, I also want that classic big back end.

I just bought my first Mustang this year which is a very low mileage 05 GT like you had, that has been slightly modified to produce 360 HP with 4:10 racing gears. I think having a high gear ratio is needed to get the most from a Mustang since it is such a heavy ride. If I was going to not just keep it stock, I'd change the gears on any Mustang I'd purchase. I can accelerate with any car on the road and those gears in my '05. Pretty fun car and I'd look to buy another Mustang in the future with how impressed I am with it.
No, right around 30k to start for a GT with X Plan and rebates. I got both and I had a trade. Hell of a deal for this anount of power.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
No, right around 30k to start for a GT with X Plan and rebates. I got both and I had a trade. Hell of a deal for this anount of power.
Wow, good to know! Any pics you mind posting? Color? Is it your daily driver? Any tunes or modifications?

Old 06-02-2015, 07:49 PM

520 posts, read 529,481 times
Quote:
Wow, good to know! Any pics you mind posting? Color? Is it your daily driver? Any tunes or modifications?
Mine is race red which I liked a whole lot better than the darker ruby red and it stands out. My 05 was/is redfire (I still own it) thats a darker red. I do daily drive her, I was going to keep her garaged but I was like what the hell you live once and commutes are part of your life. Most fun Ive had in years commuting with her. I do gun it a lot and pass people haha No mods and Im not going to mod her. The only thing I would ever consider on my 15 is an exhaust and Im still toying with that idea, but thats it. Shes just too fast and too stable to want to ruin it by modding.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,676,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
It's 200# heavier than the outgoing model. Gas and a driver puts it over 4,000#. What the hell...from the company that owns Aston Martin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgto View Post
not sure whats going on here.

Aston Martin and Ford ownership stopped being in the same sentence a long time back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Ford sold the majority of Aston Martin in 2007. Currently Ford Owns 8% of the company.
yep, tata motors of india owns aston martin now, along with jaguar.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:58 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,961,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgto View Post
not sure whats going on here.

Aston Martin and Ford ownership stopped being in the same sentence a long time back.
And ford learned nothing apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive