Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 08:22 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,594,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayandehson816 View Post
I'm new to California. Found a 1998 Toyota Avalon for sale right down the street from my house. Guy wanted about 2000 for it.. Test drove it and he verbally told me the vibrations were from motor mount needing to be replaced. No problem. Decided to buy it reviews were great on 98 avalons. Paid 1000 cash and had him put gift on title. Went to dmv to register it... Got told it was in non opt.. And I had to smog to register OT... No problem. Went to smog can't pass because of check engine light... Great!! Had a bunch of sensors replaced the rack and pinions replaced blah blah all about 800 worth of crap... Still refused to pass. Went back to the guy who. Sold me the car and he says he never sold it he was a middle parhe the car was parking in front of his lot and he just happened to have the title. I'm not gonna keep dumping. Money into this car and it's not passing smog. I can't even sell it because I have no Smog certificate to give the buyer. What should I do? I know if I go to small claims I can't get my 1000 back because theres no proof I paid cash esp since he wrote gift on the title

And on the title and Bill of sale there is no NON opt crap or no Parts sale crap either.
You state that you are complicit in sales tax evasion which is a crime. Given that poor choice, maybe you should not be complaining.

Don in Austin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 10:33 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
When I retired a car... it was required to be currently registered for 2 years as the program only applied to operable vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive