Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 10:23 AM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
You will lose your license for sure, insurance will skyrocket, and they may take your car to auction. Additionally, your credit score will drop 250 points and you may be banned from attending any church service for five years.

Well all this is true and since they recaptured the inmate in NY, you will be forced to serve your time in prison in his cell to be sure he doesn't escape again! You will be a hero in prison due to your brash crime, you will probably have a big welcome then they will probably give you a man-servant like Caitlyn to take care of your laundry, cell cleaning etc.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 10:31 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland
You will lose your license for sure, insurance will skyrocket, and they may take your car to auction. Additionally, your credit score will drop 250 points and you may be banned from attending any church service for five years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Well all this is true and since they recaptured the inmate in NY, you will be forced to serve your time in prison in his cell to be sure he doesn't escape again! You will be a hero in prison due to your brash crime, you will probably have a big welcome then they will probably give you a man-servant like Caitlyn to take care of your laundry, cell cleaning etc.

Good luck!
boy, your localities are strict!

Old 06-29-2015, 10:39 AM

998 posts, read 1,237,760 times
https://youtu.be/Kqewojda3M0

Old 06-29-2015, 12:03 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,023,230 times
I have to be sarcastic...but are you serious.

Even if someone DID write down your plate, and call the cops right then....IF the cops look for you....IF the cops find you a half hour later....are you IN your car or is it parked....or might they show up at your door?

You REALLY think all this grand scenario would happen, that you'll get a ticket, because someone in a quick passing jotted down MAYBE all of a license number, and you're headed for the slammer?

I live in a major city....MAYBE if someone called in and said they thought you were DRUNK....well then cops WOULD respond.....but by that time you could be on your way and the car parked where you were going. AND even if you were still driving somewhere, once they pulled you over and saw that you WERE NOT drunk. It would likely end there. I DOUBT you'd get a ticket.

Now if you are driving the wrong way, AND swerving, AND almost hitting people in the street, AND hitting half the cars on the block....NOW you're in trouble. But JUST driving the wrong way uh, no.

First of all if it's a one way street with parking on both sides you wouldn't likely be able to GET all the way to the other end, because there's be opposing traffic. Second, if it's a short bock and a cop didn't see you....I think you're safe. Just pay attention...because YOU could kill someone. Your question alone makes you seem as the nervous "Oh my God I can't think," panicky kind of person.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:41 PM

820 posts, read 972,968 times
It was a 2 way street. And there was a driver coming in the opposite direction, who stopped to let me turn back into the gas station (which was immediately on my left as I simply drove from the exit to the entrance) and then honked like a madman as he drove past me after I turned.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:45 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I think the OP is very young and an inexperienced driver. As a driver, we encounter people and we ourselves make mistakes especially when new to driving or in areas we aren't familiar with.

I cannot say if I would advise OP to tell the parents or not. It depends on the parents. I would understand and even I'm not that understanding.

We had a new driver, 16 years old out on her first trip and was supposed to be alone and only traveling to the store by a certain route. She got her boyfriend in the car and decided to speed down the street we lived on. It had rained and she hit a dip at the intersection, lost control of her parent's car and totaled our legally parked car on the street. We had the girl, her boyfriend, the police and her parents at our house sorting it out. I was just glad I wasn't the girl that had to go home with her parents!

Now, what I describe is a problem and as a parent, I would have been furious with the teen and she probably wouldn't have ever taken a car of mine out in her life!

OP, I think you'll be OK but I tend to think that if you are comfortable talking this over with your parents that it might give you more peace of mind. Now, other teens might talk some trash to try to scare you or a sibling might - I would have my brother. He was a lot of fun to mess with.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:48 PM

820 posts, read 972,968 times
I have been driving for 5 months if that helps.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:23 PM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
I have been driving for 5 months if that helps.
That neither helps nor hurts. What you need to do is vow to never turn until you are 100% certain it is safe to do. Don't worry about tickets more than safety. The priority is to drive safely. What you did was very dangerous.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:27 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
Guys the main thing I'm worried about is either the driver of the car coming in the opposite direction that beeped at me memorized my license plate and is going to report me or another witness will report me.

So what? Stop worrying about it.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:58 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post

Godspeed OP, I wish you luck in this trying time.

I think a suspension from C-D is probably in order as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive