Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 04:15 AM

21 posts, read 35,626 times

Advertisements

If you had your eye on ford fusion vehicle, keep on looking, as some of those great discounts may still be available in the upcoming weeks at a Certified Dealer near you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 07:59 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
I drove both and the Fusion rode better. Of course it costs slightly more and the gas mileage is not as good. I think it's going to come down to safety and cost to operate. Both have decent ratings as far as safety goes (in fact I think Cruze is slightly better). The Fusion is a bigger car, however, not sure that means it is safer.
my advice would be to go out and rent each car for a weekend at least, that way you can drive the cars like you normally would. test driving a car with the salesman on board, and test driving a car without the salesman on board are two completely different experiences, and can make the difference regarding which car you buy.

personally i like the fusion better as it is a slightly larger car, and has better styling imo. but the chevy cruze is also a good car. the choice is going to come down to which car you like better in day to day driving, and you can only find that out by driving the cars for a few days.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:46 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,000,438 times
Unless price is a strict factor, this still seems a no brainer to me. The Cruze is not a bad car, but it is at best a mid-pack car in it's class which is not known for having an over abundance of strong players. The Fusion is a top player in it's class, which is also a much more difficult class to be a top player in.

I am not saying the Cruze is bad in its own right, but all else being equal the Fusion is a nicer, better, and overall more desirable vehicle.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:52 AM

734 posts, read 842,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
My former roommate had a Cruze. He hated it. AC wasn't up to snuff. Car wasn't very powerful. Just "blah" all the way around.
I rented a Fusion while my Chrysler (SURPRISE!) was in the shop. The Fusion was actually a really nice car. It was an older model, I can't help but think newer one's are even better.
Which model was this? I was thinking of going with an older model, although I do like the design or the 2013 and 2014. For those who are familiar with the 2013 and 2014 Fusions, is there any significant difference between the two?

Old 07-31-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yep; I'd bargain hard on a 2015 as its year end. They will especially not want to have older model on lot when 2016 comes out. July starts the easiest time to bargain on new; with customer and dealer incentives by makers.
So the 2016s are already coming in? I was under the impression that Sept and Oct would be a good time, but it's been awhile since I have been car shopping.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
my advice would be to go out and rent each car for a weekend at least, that way you can drive the cars like you normally would. test driving a car with the salesman on board, and test driving a car without the salesman on board are two completely different experiences, and can make the difference regarding which car you buy.

personally i like the fusion better as it is a slightly larger car, and has better styling imo. but the chevy cruze is also a good car. the choice is going to come down to which car you like better in day to day driving, and you can only find that out by driving the cars for a few days.
Not a bad idea as long as I can find a place with reasonable rates. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Unless price is a strict factor, this still seems a no brainer to me. The Cruze is not a bad car, but it is at best a mid-pack car in it's class which is not known for having an over abundance of strong players. The Fusion is a top player in it's class, which is also a much more difficult class to be a top player in.

I am not saying the Cruze is bad in its own right, but all else being equal the Fusion is a nicer, better, and overall more desirable vehicle.
The Fusion is pricier but not all that more expensive. I'm looking at Fusions that are in the 15-16k range, 2013/2014 with less than 30k miles. Another place has a 2014 Cruze LT listed at 16.9k with approx 20k miles. Another place has a 2012 Cruze LT with 35k miles listed at 13.9k. New Cruzes are a few thousand less than new Fusions. The new Fusions are a little bit outside my price range tho.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:00 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,603 times
You can get into the Cruze lightly used alot cheaper than the new body Fusion. My gf has had a nightmare with the Fiesta DSG and Ford has bought back her car, the decision is between the old body Fusion and the Cruze. Cruze is the likely winner.

I would not buy a new Cruze I dont think, due to large rental fleets the depreciation levels are high (hence the cheap lightly used purchase price)

Have found used 2013 Cruzes with less than 10k miles for $11k

To be fair I think the styling is 10x better on the Fusion. I (well my S/O) am in the same position. Probably getting the Cruze.

I drive one of the few 2010 Fusions with a manual transmission. 90k Miles, no problems.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
You can get into the Cruze lightly used alot cheaper than the new body Fusion. My gf has had a nightmare with the Fiesta DSG, the decision is between the old body Fusion and the Cruze. Cruze is the likely winner.

I would not buy a new Cruze I dont think, due to large rental fleets the depreciation levels are high (hence the cheap lightly used purchase price)

To be fair I think the styling is 10x better on the Fusion.
Yes I definitely like the looks of the Fusion although the Cruze isn't too shabby for a lower end model. Gas mileage is another concern since I drive so many miles (100 mi round trip commute)....trying to balance good gas mileage with safety. One place has been calling me that has a lightly used 2014 Cruze LT with 20k miles listed for 16.9k but that seems a bit much to me. New ones are listed at other dealerships for another thousand.

My last two cars were lower end GM cars (Cavalier and Cobalt). Both were reliable and lasted a long time (current one is well over 200k miles). The body work on current vehicle is not so great, however, as it's started to rust and clear coat has peeled in numerous locations. There are several little things wrong with it (i.e. passenger window doesn't roll down) but nothing major. Thought about trying a Ford this time.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:09 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
Yes I definitely like the looks of the Fusion although the Cruze isn't too shabby for a lower end model. Gas mileage is another concern since I drive so many miles (100 mi round trip commute)....trying to balance good gas mileage with safety. One place has been calling me that has a lightly used 2014 Cruze LT with 20k miles listed for 16.9k but that seems a bit much to me. New ones are listed at other dealerships for another thousand.

My last two cars were lower end GM cars (Cavalier and Cobalt). Both were reliable and lasted a long time (current one is well over 200k miles). The body work on current vehicle is not so great, however, as it's started to rust and clear coat has peeled in numerous locations. There are several little things wrong with it (i.e. passenger window doesn't roll down) but nothing major. Thought about trying a Ford this time.
17k is WAY to high. 2013 Chevy Cruze only 7,581 miles

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5128681828.html

I am happy with my 2010 Fusion and would not suggest against the vehicle. I would say however that the process of pushing ford to buy back my S/O's Fiesta was terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive