Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2015, 01:52 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times

Advertisements

I have a 2003 Nissan 350z. A couple of days ago, i couldnt start my car and was stuck in a parking lot with service engine light on as well as the TCS and SLIP lights. After almost half an hour, it finally started so i went straight to Autozone. The guy hooked up his scanner and it spit out P0340 code which was camshaft position sensor bank 1. I bought a new one at Autozone and replaced it. It took about 30 minutes to put in the new one....got code cleared. Everything seemed fine until today.

Now today, after dropping by the grocery store, i couldn't start it again...waited 15 minutes or so before it started again. I went to OReillys auto store and it now gives P0345 code which is camshaft position bank 2 that went bad. So why didn't it show the sensor for bank 2 as bad the other day? Now i'm hearing from people on net that i might as well replace the crankshaft sensor too. The crankshaft position sensor looks almost like the camshaft position sensor bank 1. Thoughts? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive