Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 08:25 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times

Advertisements

Reckless driver caught cruising an L.A. boulevard backwards for 2 miles

I thought this was pretty cool. Not quite F&F style, but the driver obviously has some skill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 10:13 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,704,794 times
I'm pretty sure that doesn't break any laws, and other than some considering it 'reckless', it doesn't look any worse than how some people drive with their cars in forward gears.

With back up cameras and proximity alerts, this is a pretty easy to do thing.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:25 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
I'm pretty sure that doesn't break any laws, and other than some considering it 'reckless', it doesn't look any worse than how some people drive with their cars in forward gears.

Didn't actually watch it, did you?

Quote:
“Reckless driving, unsafe speed, crossing double-yellow lines, failure to drive on the right half of the roadway,” LAPD Sgt. Tito Mariano said.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:29 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,704,794 times
I did watch it but you have to pay attention to the wording, and the video also has a lot of inaccuracies by people who don't seem to understand or are not able to verbally describe what they saw. Could be this, could be that... basically whatever the police might decide to throw at the driver.

If anything the driver will get nailed on the judgement call of some LEO and judge considering it reckless, but he was in his lane, going with the flow of traffic, and not speeding. The car was facing the wrong way, which some might consider reckless, but there are no laws that state a vehicle must face a certain direction when driving - its generally considered common sense.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:39 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,933,130 times
Looked perfectly safe to me, he was not speeding, was not swerving, and stayed in his lane.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:44 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
No, he didn't. He crossed the yellow line a few times and then swerved into the middle lane towards the end.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:21 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Come on! I'm not even looking at the the dang video as it does not take a rocket scientist to figure driving in reverse for a couple of miles is not reckless. It's about as reckless as you can get. I'd imagine it is about the textbook definition of reckless. I don't care how good you think you are, driving like that only means your a frikin idiot who has no regards for others life and property. There is no way a car can be controlled in reverse as it can while going forward.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:20 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
The guy filming went over the double yellow line also.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:29 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post

Ohey DOkey then..Let your neighbour or another loose cannon backup down a road that has two way taffic then explain when that person on opposite side of road actually hits or worse HIT/kills someone...There by the grace of God did this guy NOT kill someone...But hey according to you It's not illegal??? I am just starting my head Say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
The guy filming went over the double yellow line also.
Nope..No one but the backward driver go over line..You like many ASSume videographer is in same line..NOPe..Get over it..The one video taping it was actually going the correct way down that road...Not the one being filmed...

Keep clapping at such dangerous behaviours...which will suggest you agree with it????..That is your problem IMO..Because most who do stupid things ALWAYS blame other's like in Your case..BLAME the Videographer...

Old 07-13-2015, 07:36 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Just to put in perspective..Why wouldn't someone backing up the on ramp causing you to get delayed in that horrible lineup..and a whoops happened due to that...

Many are suggesting because nothing happened it was no harm no foul...LOL..It actually make's me wanna SMH..Because so many innocents could have been injured ( luckily not) but I would love to interview those driver's who saw what this ASShat did...

Most avoided and remained calm..ALL one might have done with a death wish..is to pull over and get hit..and CLAIM injuries for this...I sense this idiot has deep ties..and bucks!!

Money always trumps endangering lives..and those with the bucks never put themselves at risk ever!! Called buying out of danger ( chicken little/ talk but no walk types)..LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive