Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 06:34 PM

197 posts, read 279,356 times

Advertisements

I drove from Massachusetts to Los Angeles, so I bought a 'Unisex Personal Toilet' which is basically a plastic tube with a cover. As a fella, it's easy to use. According to the description it can be used by women as well. Important to rinse out fairly thoroughly, or the smell can get pretty bad.

I wouldn't use it while driving. I stopped by the side of the road, and put a jacket over my lap. I held my cellphone up like I was looking at it. I'd open the passenger door and discreetly pour on the ground.

Someone once asked me what I was pouring out, and I said, 'I think something is wrong with this lemonade. Taste for yourself.' OK, I'm kidding about that.

Well, that's only in the areas where there was much traffic. I drove Des Moines to Denver to Las Vegas, and I also saw the 'no service for 100 miles' signs. There are still very rural areas of the US, I found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 06:47 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It's not like drivers are 3 year old children. They'll plan accordingly when taking long trips. It's rare that there will be an 5 hour stretch of road with no facilities. Like I said, if it's an emergency, such as you're not feeling well... you do what you got to do. But that's also your sign to take a break from driving until you feel better.
But as a lawyer you should know that one cannot plan for every possibility encountered on the road. A "poopy" or peeing emergency is just that..."an emergency." Lest say that you are traveling on a road where there are "facilities," but for whatever reason you have to divert your travel to another road where there aren't facilities?

See...in Alaska we have few roads, but the ones we have are very long (hundreds of miles). There are some public facilities along the major highways, but these are lined with wilderness at both sides. I I decided to step out of the car, face the road, and pee away, then that could be considered indecent exposure. In fact, some Alaskans traveling on the same road with their children or relatives could get upset enough to stop-by and kick your behind or something worst.

Folks like you living in cities and traveling on busy roads should not go out there and pee in the open, but instead do like we do in Alaska: we just walk off the road into the bush, and do what we must. Otherwise just have potty pots and the rest as you travel.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:53 PM

424 posts, read 381,648 times
It's the best place available on rural highways now taking a **** on the other hand......

Old 07-18-2015, 06:53 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,810,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
But as a lawyer you should know that one cannot plan for every possibility encountered on the road. A "poopy" or peeing emergency is just that..."an emergency." Lest say that you are traveling on a road where there are "facilities," but for whatever reason you have to divert your travel to another road where there aren't facilities?

See...in Alaska we have few roads, but the ones we have are very long (hundreds of miles). There are some public facilities along the major highways, but these are lined with wilderness at both sides. I I decided to step out of the car, face the road, and pee away, then that could be considered indecent exposure. In fact, some Alaskans traveling on the same road with their children or relatives could get upset enough to stop-by and kick your behind or something worst.

Folks like you living in cities and traveling on busy roads should not go out there and pee in the open, but instead do like we do in Alaska: we just walk off the road into the bush, and do what we must. Otherwise just have potty pots and the rest as you travel.
But you're saying that being caught in a blizzard for a night is not an emergency. That's what I don't understand. How is it not an emergency?

As my earlier posts stated, that if you have an emergency situation, you do what you have to do. I would consider being caught in a blizzard to fall under an emergency situation. But you guys are saying that it's a usual non-emergency situation. If that is the case for you, then you should plan better. But for most people, it would be an emergency situation and one that you do not expect and cannot plan for.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
But you consider that a "usual occurrence"? I would consider getting caught in a blizzard unusual and an emergency situation. I don't understand why you think it's not an emergency situation.
A peeing bout from an enlarge prostate could very well be an emergency. Your urologist can write a medical note indicating your condition, and you can use this note when flying or driving as backup should you have some trouble with the police or the flight attendants. But as I said before, it does not mean that you should just let it all hangout in public. Step off the road into the bush. It's that simple.

Wow, I sure would not want you as a lawyer! If you are a male, wait until you are around 60, and then tell other males not to pee off the road (in private and in the bushes) if they have the need to do that. You won't find anybody in the US, not even a judge, who would convict a driver who pees out of the public's view.

Last edited by RayinAK; 07-18-2015 at 07:07 PM..

Old 07-18-2015, 07:06 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
A cup might be a wee bit small in some cases so a person is ill prepared for a OVERFLOW.

On the otherhand a empty laundry clothes softener plastic bottle with a large opening will suffice. (pint size)

Old 07-18-2015, 07:08 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
In days of old,
when knights were bold
and toilets weren't invented,
they dumped their business beside the road
and went along contented.
In days of old,
when knights were bold,
and toilets were not invented...
they left their load upon the road,
and walked away contented.

Just how I've heard it.

As far as sex offense, it all depends on intent. If a perp is doing their biz with the intent on showing off and getting a rise on folks seeing it, off to jail with them. That's the law, and that's why it's in place. Anyone else would use discretion I'm sure.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
A cup might be a wee bit small in some cases so a person is ill prepared for a OVERFLOW.

On the otherhand a empty laundry clothes softener plastic bottle with a large opening will suffice. (pint size)
That would certainly work.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:01 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,964,604 times
I read that outside urination means lifetime sex offender if caught. In the book "Arrest Proof Yourself" by Dale Carson, ex-FBI and traffic cop. I love this country. Its like walking on a razor. Exhilarating challenge.

Except that navigating the 70,000 page tax code gives me PTSD. Canada's is terrible as well with 50,000 pages of tax code. 70,000 pages of tax code. I need to learn to appreciate the exhilaration.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:17 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
A peeing bout from an enlarge prostate could very well be an emergency. Your urologist can write a medical note indicating your condition, and you can use this note when flying or driving as backup should you have some trouble with the police or the flight attendants. But as I said before, it does not mean that you should just let it all hangout in public. Step off the road into the bush. It's that simple.

Wow, I sure would not want you as a lawyer! If you are a male, wait until you are around 60, and then tell other males not to pee off the road (in private and in the bushes) if they have the need to do that. You won't find anybody in the US, not even a judge, who would convict a driver who pees out of the public's view.
I, too, find it strange that you don't consider being trapped in a blizzard as being an emergency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive