Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:30 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
While I don't think that someone who is taking a leak should be considered a sex offender, it's something that should be limited to the privacy of a bathroom. There's really no need for that nonsense on the side of a road.
Same opinion here.
Unless it's a small child or someone with a medical condition that really can't wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 08:44 PM

197 posts, read 279,216 times
Quote:
There's really no need for that nonsense on the side of a road.
Like others mentioned, it depends on where you are. I used to live in New England and there are still very rural, isolated areas north of Massachusetts. I've driven through Western states like Utah and Nevada, and you can go for many, many miles without seeing human habitation much less a gas station.

I don't have any specific medical problem I know of, but I go a lot. The plumbing is not has young as it used to be. I just have to go a lot.

I've never seen anyone facing the road with their pants down, peeing into the wind while yelling 'Hey, look at me! Look what I can do!' If someone's being discreet, than what are other people doing? Stopping the car, jumping out and demanding an explanation? What happened to mind your own business?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:05 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times
I could see doing this on a highway shut down for hours because of a vehicle accident.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:14 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
May she rest in peace. I can still hear my mom say " I told you to go before we left the house "!

Old 07-18-2015, 11:41 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Unless, of course, you were in our situation. We got stuck on NYE on I-40 heading East toward Flagstaff. A freak blizzard hit, and over 1000 cars were stranded, many overnight. Kind of limits your options..
I was once stuck in a jam on the PA turnpike with my elderly mother who was diabetic, had a weak bladder and colitis. There weren't any trees on this stretch of road. Thankfully, she had to wee just once. Oh, dear, she was so embarrassed even though no one could see her.

Last edited by Gerania; 07-19-2015 at 12:22 AM..

Old 07-18-2015, 11:52 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,095,392 times
I've seen men stop by the side of the highway here and pee. So, let me give you guys a little advice. Don't watch yourself. If you're facing the woods there's no reason to see where you're aiming. It's like a tell tale giveaway that a guy is peeing. He stands there not moving and looking down at his weewee. Just look off into the distance and people won't suspect anything. They'll think you're looking at a deer or something.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:55 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
But as a lawyer...
We know he's not a lawyer. You should stop being polite. Sorry.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:36 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There are numerous places to stop along the way without showing yourself in public.
Go to a rest area, truck stop, restaurant, gasoline station or anywhere but on the side of the road.
I'm probably repeating something but there are areas along the road where there ARE no places. Call it poor planning, drinking coffee when it's raining during a long trip. I've ducked into the woods more times than I care to count. But no one sees me and it keeps me and the car seat dry.

eta: (warning, disturbing content) during the cross country trip when I had the cat and his litter box in the huge moving truck I had to go from NJ to CT and my lead driver wouldn't stop. When we finally pulled off, there was no place to park so I pulled over and used the litter box. The cat was pissed. (no pun intended - or maybe it was)

Old 07-19-2015, 07:30 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,528 times
Blizzard in Alaska? Maybe 100 times/year?

Alaska is not for the feint of heart. A blizzard in the lower 48 is a
bit of fluffy, white stuff to an Alaskan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I, too, find it strange that you don't consider being trapped in a blizzard as being an emergency.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:37 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,621,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
You should not urinate out of doors. Unless you have a huge chunk of land and are out of sight.Crude and alright if a kid but likely as not it is time to mature.
Just for fun you should take a cross-country trip in India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive