Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 07:35 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times

Advertisements

Living in a city that is overloaded with senior drivers from
September to April and way to many that do not even have
a license is the reason I'm an offensive driver, just way to many on defense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 07:47 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoeater View Post
1) Driving incredibly slow, and subsequently changing lanes incredibly slowly, does not mean you are driving safely. It is proper to accelerate into a lane change.

2) putting on your turn single for 0.00002 seconds after 90% of your vehicle has already changed lanes (slowly) is not an acceptable manner in which to indicate that you are changing lanes. You may as well not put the signal on at all if this is your tactic.

I hope this PSA was helpful.

Your pal,

Tacoeater
I'm old and drive slow cause I'm thinking. I'm trying to decide what I will waste my Social Security check on this month. If I haven't thanked you for my SS check, then "THANKS".

Old 07-19-2015, 08:02 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
To all you young punk drivers with no experience, if you tailgate me I automatically slow down on purpose in an area where you can't pass.

If you want me to drive faster back off and I will speed up, other wise I will really **** you off.
There is no need to wait for an area where they can't pass. They're usually too chicken to pass anyway. What I do is keep slowing down more and more, to force them to pass or be late. I can't believe how spineless these young cowards are, that feel they need to tailgate mile after mile because passing has some unknown risks greater than the risk of tailgating.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:04 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Okay, I've read the entire thread and I still have seen no evidence that the two behaviors the OP complained about are unique to old people or are the most dangerous phenomena we encounter on the highways.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:07 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Living in a city that is overloaded with senior drivers from
September to April and way to many that do not even have
a license is the reason I'm an offensive driver, just way to many on defense
If you don't like it, you can move. I suggest Peru. The climate is so much better there than in AZ. And it's much easier to pass people who are walking and riding llamas.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:24 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I'm an old biddie and I promise you, I'm not nervous. I used to be, but a couple of shots of vodka just before I go for a drive takes care of that.
hmm, i use a colt .45 to take care of any nervousness i might have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The careless fools I encounter causing traffic problems aren't necessarily from any particular age group. But they share a common characteristic: they've got their heads crammed into phones.
i know you were thinking of using a different word there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
To all you young punk drivers with no experience, if you tailgate me I automatically slow down on purpose in an area where you can't pass.

If you want me to drive faster back off and I will speed up, other wise I will really **** you off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
There is no need to wait for an area where they can't pass. They're usually too chicken to pass anyway. What I do is keep slowing down more and more, to force them to pass or be late. I can't believe how spineless these young cowards are, that feel they need to tailgate mile after mile because passing has some unknown risks greater than the risk of tailgating.
yep. i have slowed to 25mph in a 45 zone before a tailgater finally decided to pass despite the many opportunities. i have also had people try to pass me on a one lane road.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:31 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
I'm 72 and drive 80 on the freeway all the time in the left lane, in southern Calif if your going slower your a hazard to everyone.
My pet peeve is people who enter the freeway at 40 and take a half mile to get up to speed.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:39 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
hmm, i use a colt .45 to take care of any nervousness i might have

Would that be the liquid Colt 45 or the Colt .45 on your console?

Old 07-19-2015, 08:45 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
What used to irritate me when I used to commute every day to work was 1) I was already going 10-15 mph OVER the speed limit in rush hour traffic to keep up with "the flow" and I get passed by someone who is going even faster! 2) Being passed on the right by someone speeding down the breakdown lane. 3) The Statie who would give me a heart attack seeing him in my rearview mirror right behind me, move over and he passes me! He was always trying to beat the clock like I was! His exit was one before mine. After a while I stopped being nervous when I'd see him. Good thing it never turned out to be another on duty already.

Thanks for all the LOLs!

Old 07-19-2015, 08:49 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
just remember i am older and i have more insurance.

Lol. Nice

LWOP= Life WithOut Parole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive